Neo-nazi bloodbath in Texas, USA


This 26 September 2016 video from Texas in the USA is called NAZI SYMPATHIZER/LAWYER DOES RANDOM SHOOTING, HOUSTON, TEXAS.

From Reuters news agency:

Houston Lawyer Shoots 9 Before Shot Dead By Police

The man was in a military-style uniform with Nazi items, and police found thousands of rounds of ammo in his car.

09/26/2016 07:47 pm ET

A Houston lawyer whose business was struggling opened fire on morning commuters on Monday, injuring at least nine people before being shot dead by police, authorities said.

Six people were taken to hospitals and three were treated at the scene after being shot at while inside their vehicles in the affluent neighborhood of West University Place, acting Houston Police Chief Martha Montalvo told reporters.

One victim was in critical condition and another was in serious condition but both were expected to survive, officials said. The Federal Bureau of Investigation said there was no indication that the shootings were linked to a radical group.

If a wannabe mass murderer wears a nazi swastika like in this case, then he very probably is not a fanatical Muslim. However, do only fanatical Muslims count as ‘radical’ in FBI speech? How about possible links to violent neo-nazi gangs?

Police declined to identify the suspect, but local media reported that he shot at vehicles from a black Porsche registered to Nathan DeSai.

Public records showed that DeSai lived in a condominium near the shooting scene and that he had no criminal record.

DeSai, who received his law degree from the University of Tulsa in 1998, started a small law firm but his former law partner, Ken McDaniel, said they closed it about six months ago.

Houston Mayor Sylvester Turner, in Cuba to develop trade relations, told reporters, “The motivation appears to be a lawyer whose relationship with his law firm went bad.”

Police said the suspect was dressed in a military-style uniform and that military paraphernalia that included Nazi items was found in his possession.

The police bomb squad secured the shooter’s car, which contained more than 2,600 rounds of ammunition. Police said a handgun was found on the suspect’s body and a rifle was found in this car.

An agent for the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives said the firearms had been legally purchased.

Christopher Miller, who lives near the site of the shootings, said he watched much of it from his apartment. “The only way I can explain it is like a firework show; you hear a shot, a shot, then more shots, then a finale of a bunch of shots. Then you know it’s over.”

Police said more than 75 shell casings had been recovered.

(Additional reporting by Ruthy Munoz in Washington, D.C., Jon Herskovitz in Austin, Texas, Laila Kearney in New York and Sarah Marsh in Havana; Editing by Bernadette Baum and Bill Trott)

See also here.

German racists bomb mosque


This video from Germany says about itself:

27 September 2016

The Fatih Camii Mosque and an international congress centre were hit in separate bomb attacks in the city of Dresden, late on Monday. No one was hurt in the explosions, which police are investigating as connected xenophobic attacks.

The first explosion targeted the mosque at just before 22.00 local time while the second, at the congress centre, occurred around 20 minutes later. The charred exteriors of both buildings were seen on Tuesday morning as police arrived to begin their investigations. Officers say the explosions were caused by homemade devices.

SOT, Bacaru Mahmut, President of Mosque committee (German): “Yesterday, at around 21:55, a young man wearing a blue jacket and a bag came here, to our mosque. And he dropped a bomb here or whatever it was. Our imam called me and then I called, very quickly, the police and firefighter department. They arrived very quickly. A firefighter team extinguished the fire.”

From Reuters news agency:

Tue Sep 27, 2016 | 3:56am EDT

Bombs at mosque, congress center in Dresden, no one hurt: German police

Two improvised bombs exploded in the eastern German city of Dresden on Monday evening – one at a mosque and one at an international conference center – but no one was injured, police said on Tuesday.

“Even if we so far have no claim of responsibility, we must go on the basis that the motive was xenophobic,” Horst Kretzschmar, president of Dresden police, said in a statement.

He said police believed there was a link to celebrations planned for the coming weekend in the city to mark the anniversary of German reunification on Oct. 3, 1990.

At the time of the first explosion, the imam of the mosque was inside with his wife and sons but they were not hurt. Damage was, however, done to the building through pressure waves.

Soon after, the International Congress Centre was damaged by a home-made device and the bar of a nearby hotel was evacuated.

During the night, police officers were sent to protect other mosques in the city.

Dresden was the cradle of the anti-Islam PEGIDA … movement whose weekly rallies attracted around 20,000 supporters at the height of its popularity at the start of 2015.

Donald Trump parody song


This 6 March 2016 parody music video from Britain is called Donald Trump – “Another 10ft on the Wall”.

It is a parody of the song Another brick in the wall by British band Pink Floyd.

The lyrics are:

We don’t need no state protection
We don’t need no border control
No dark-skinned children in our classrooms
Keep those kids in Mexico

Hey, America! I’ll even make ’em pay for it
If they don’t play ball, I’ll just put another ten feet on the wall
All in all, it’s just another ten feet on the wall

We don’t need no anchor babies
We don’t need no burritos
We don’t want no Muslims either
Send ’em all to Mexico

Hey, America! Watch me make ’em pay for it
If they don’t play ball, I’ll just put another ten feet on the wall
All in all, I’m just a loud-mouthed prick called Donald

Last week, Twitter retrieved the comic strip above — a 1999 Doonesbury classic in which Garry Trudeau, the strip’s creator, saw Trump-the-candidate coming a mile away. Trudeau has been drawing the racist presidential nominee since 1987. The strip is one of many collected in an anthology of cartoons called “Yuge! 30 Years of Doonesbury on Trump,” which came out in July. Trudeau responded to questions about the viral strip, his career and the book by email on Friday.: here

Finns demonstrate massively against murderous neo-nazis


Massive anti-nazi demonstration, Helsinki, Finland, 24 September 2016, photo Roni Rekomaa/Leht. ikuva via AP

From Associated Press:

Finns Say “Enough is Enough” Over Neo-Nazism

People demonstrate against racism and fascism in Helsinki, Finland Saturday, Sept. 24, 2016, after a man, who took exception to a neo-Nazi demonstration in central Helsinki on September 10th, died a week after he was assaulted.

Tens of thousands of people are demonstrating across Finland under the slogan “Enough is enough” following the death of a man who reportedly spit in front of neo-Nazis holding a rally in Helsinki.

The demonstration snaked through the Finnish capital to the sound of whistles on Saturday as participants and spectators held green balloons and signs reading “No to Nazism.”

Similar demonstrations were staged in other Finnish cities.

A 28-year-old man died six days after hitting his head on the ground during a Sept. 10 rally by of members of the Finnish Resistance Movement. A 26-year-old suspect is being held on suspicion of homicide and assault.

This music video says about itself:

Satirical Anti-Nazi Songs

16 July 2016

0:00 Hitler Has Only Got One Ball [United Kingdom]
0:36 Der Fuehrer’s Face [United States]
3:15 Гадам нет пощады (No Mercy for the Scum) [Soviet Union]
6:38 La Complainte des Nazis (The Lament of the Nazis) [French Resistance]
9:29 Der Marsch Ins Dritte Reich (The March into the Third Reich) [German Resistance]

Finnish neonazis murder anti-fascist, people protest


This video from Canada says about itself:

The Truth about the Soldiers of Odin (Preview)

29 August 2016

(Coming Soon!) The Soldiers of Odin (SOO) began in Finland as a vigilante group ostensibly formed to protect women from sexual harassment and assault by the country’s immigrant and minority population (which leaves us wondering if they are as concerned about harassment and assaults against women by the majority native European population, but we digress). Though they claim not to be racist, the founder of the SOO has links to the far-right Finnish Resistance Movement as well as a conviction for a racially motivated assault.

The neonazi Soldiers of Odin are active in various countries, including Canada. Like the SVL, the Finnish Resistance Movement, SOO founder Mika Ranta’s other fascist gang, is also active in other countries, under the Nordic Resistance Movement label.

From the Varis site in Finland:

The Nazist Finnish Resistance Movement (FRM, in finnish Suomen Vastarintaliike, SVL) killed a passer-by during their street event on the 10th of September, near Helsinki Railway Station. The next day FRM published on their website a picture and a video featuring the person they assaulted, along with a text glorifying their violence. According to the victim’s family, the young man whom FRM assaulted died in hospital last night, September 16th at 10 PM, from the serious injuries he received. Anti-fascist network Varis takes part in the grief of his family and friends.

Spanish poster, commemorating Jim Joonas Jim Joonas Karttunen, murdered by Finnish nazis

From the blog For what we are:

Tuesday, September 20, 2016

Finland: nazis murder Jim Joonas Karttunen

Nazis of the SVL organization attacked and severely injured antifascist activist Jim Joonas Karttunen on September 10th. … he died of his injuries at hospital.

Joonas was protesting the presence of a SVL propaganda stand near the train station of Helsinki when he was brutally attacked by the Nazis, who beat him brutally on the ground, causing him a major concussion which eventually killed him.

Days later the Nazi organization uploaded a video to YouTube claiming responsibility and stating that “counter-protesters must be disciplined“.

It is not the first time that the SVL is involved in criminal attacks: in 2013 they already stabbed a protester in Jyväskylä. In that occasion one of the attackers was found [to have] a pen-drive with detailed information about more than 300 “political enemies”, including antifascists, Greens, Social Democrats, Conservatives and Jewish personalities.

In 2011, Anonymous revealed the details of many SVL militants and sympathizers, including a prominent member of the True Finns party (xenophobic fascistoids, currently partner in the Finnish government), Juho Eerola, who eventually resigned. This implies that the SVL, part of a wider Nordic and Nordicist network, led by the Swedish [NRM], are not a mere marginal and minor group but actually a violent shock squad satellite of the other fascists, who pretend to be a “normal” party, just like Le Pen in France.

Beware because all those fascists … are gaining positions in most of Europe very dangerously and we can too easily slide into a new version of 1933 in no time.

Thanks Jim for fighting against fascism to the very last of your forces. If we are to overcome this horrible threat, it won’t be for those who sit in the sidelines watching but for true heroes like you. Let Mother Earth be gentle on you as you were to Her.

See also (in Spanish) here.

Translated from Dutch NOS TV:

Finns take to the streets against neo-Nazis

Today, 14:07

In Finland today there are massive demonstrations in various places against neo-Nazis. Tens of thousands of Finns take to the streets to express their disgust. They carry banners with anti-Nazi slogans.

The cause of the mass protest was the murder of a 28-year-old man, who openly showed his disdain and disgust for neo-Nazis. …

[An SVL nazi], jointly with some kindred spirits, beat the anti-fascist half-dead. Six days later he [Jim Joonas Karttunen] succumbed to his injuries.

Arrest

The Finnish police have arrested a 26-year-old man on suspicion of manslaughter. The identity of this man is still unknown.

Charlotte, USA demonstration against police violence, 24 September


This video from North Carolina in the USA says about itself:

Charlotte Clergy and NC NAACP Demand Release of Police Video in Shooting Death of Keith Lamont Scott

September 22nd, 2016 – After two nights of unrest in Charlotte, North Carolina following the shooting death of Keith Lamont Scott at the hands of a Charlotte police officer, Rev. Dr. William J. Barber, II and the NC NAACP join local Clergy to present eyewitness reports of the events and to call on the Charlotte Police Department to release the videos of the Scott shooting in order to resolve lingering questions and to discern the truth of conflicting stories.

An email today from North Carolina in the USA says:

SHOW UP IN CHARLOTTE!

A call to mobilize 1,000s against police violence

Saturday, September 24th | 1pm

March starting from Marshall Park in Uptown Charlotte | 800 East 3rd St.

All ages, rain or shine

Invitation from The Tribe CLT and Charlotte Trans and Queer People of Color Collective

Come to Charlotte this Saturday to stand with us and gather together.

On Tuesday, our brother and neighbor Keith Lamont Scott was killed by Charlotte police. He was sitting in his car, reading a book, and waiting for his son to come home on the school bus. We believe he was profiled and killed by police, and that CMPD is not telling the truth about his murder.

Tuesday night, Charlotte police attacked a grieving community with riot police and tear gas. Wednesday night, Charlotte police fired into a crowd, seriously injuring a protestor and inflaming our grief.

Today, our city is occupied by the National Guard and we are in a State of Emergency!

Charlotte, the latest city to be wrecked by police violence against Black people … is a national crisis. We need to end this epidemic now! Let’s show the nation that we stand against police violence that targets Black people and our communities. Let’s show that Charlotte, and the nation, will no longer tolerate the routine murders of Black people by an unaccountable system of policing.

Come to Charlotte to make a historic stand and to demand dignity and respect for Black lives.

We are: Charlotte Tribe, Charlotte Trans and Queer People of Color Collective, Charlotte SURJ, Ignite NC, Black Youth Project-Durham Chapter, Beloved Community Center, Youth Organizing Institute, Southern Vision Alliance, Durham Solidarity Center, Workers World Party, Queer People Of Color Collective GSO, NC TROUBLMakers, Million Hoodies, Black University.

USA: Trevor Noah Gets Real on Police Shootings: Black People Aren’t ‘Crazy’. ‘The Daily Show’ host turns serious while discussing yet another spate of police shootings: here.

Another e-mail from the USA today says:

Terence Crutcher‘s car stalled by the side of the road.1 Keith Lamont Scott was waiting for his son to be dropped off from school.2

Both men were Black. Neither posed a threat to anyone. And both were shot dead by police.

This. Must. Stop.

And, the killings won’t end until we build enough grassroots power to force change. That’s why we’re teaming up with a coalition of progressive organizations to help raise as much money as possible for the Movement for Black Lives fund.

Will you chip in $5 today? Your donation will go directly to the Movement for Black Lives fund.

The Movement for Black Lives is made up of dozens of organizations that coordinate actions, messages and campaigns, standing together for justice, human dignity, and the shared goal of ending all forms of state violence against Black people.

And the shootings of Terence Crutcher and Keith Lamont Scott—as well as Philando Castile, Eric Garner, Mike Brown, and so many other unarmed Black people—demonstrate once again why their work is so critically important.

Terence Crutcher was unarmed and had his hands up when Officer Betty Shelby killed him. Then, Tulsa police stood by and watched him die without providing help.

Keith Lamont Scott’s family members say he was reading a book in his car, and even the Charlotte police chief has admitted that the video that the police refuse to release provides no evidence that Scott pointed a gun at officers, as they originally claimed.3

Will you chip in $5 to the Movement for Black Lives fund to help demand an end to these shootings? Your donation will be used to organize and build grassroots political power needed to force an end to racial injustice and police violence.

Thanks for speaking out.

–Nita, Shaunna, Kat, Karin, Adam, Holly, Kathy, Onyi, Susan, Anathea, Audine, Shannon, Megan, Libby, and Emma, the UltraViolet Action team

Sources:

1. Video of Terence Crutcher’s police shooting may be “the worst we’ve seen” yet, Mic, September 19, 2016

2. Keith Lamont Scott: Protests erupt over police killing, Al Jazeera, September 21, 2016

3. Keith Lamont Scott’s family will view police video, but the department won’t release it publicly, ThinkProgress, September 22, 2016

THE US National Guard have arrived in Charlotte, North Carolina, with armed-to-the-teeth state troopers lining the streets and turning the city into a war zone against the black working class: here.

In Charlotte, North Carolina, protests continued on Friday over the brutal police killing of Keith Lamont Scott, 43. Local and state officials announced a curfew earlier this week and have deployed riot police using tear gas and the National Guard against demonstrators. As political officials and the city’s police department debate whether or not to release police video of the shooting in an effort to defuse social tensions, a nail in the coffin of official lies came Friday with the release of cell phone video shot by Scott’s wife. Rakevia Scott can be heard pleading with police not to shoot her husband, shouting that he does not have a weapon, that he had a traumatic brain injury, and had just taken his medication. The video also shows Scott after the shooting, prone on the ground, without a gun at his feet as appeared in subsequent photos, suggesting that police may have planted evidence: here.