My blogging friend Melita of the blog Perfume Polytechnic has nominated Dear Kitty. Some blog for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you, dear Melita, and all the best for you and your blog!
The ‘rules’ of the Real Neat Blog Award are: (feel free not to act upon them if you don’t have time; or don’t accept awards; etc.):
1. Put the award logo on your blog.
2. Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
3. Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
4. Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs.
5. Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Melita’s seven questions are:
1. If you’re old enough to remember, what do you miss the most about the pre-internet era?
Reading books, magazines, newspapers, which I still do, but much less.
2. Could you be self-sufficient if you had to be?
No, I don’t own any land.
3. What are your thoughts on climate change?
There is a lobby with lots of money denying climate change science. See, eg, on my blog, here.
4. What is your best developed sense?
Maybe hearing. I may recognize more birds’ songs than most people.
5. Do you make anything with your hands?
Writings, with a ballpoint :)
6. What is the most thoughtful gift someone has given you?
A bird book.
7. Tell us about a person you miss, and what you miss most about them.
When I was nine years old, my eight-year-old sister died. I still miss doing so many things together with her. Like playing at being bears. When we were small, there was a sidewalk, one part of which was lower than the other part. We used to go to the lower part, pretending it was a bear pit, and we were bears.
My nominees are (I have left Melita’s questions in place):
5. Jane Risdon