This German TV video says about itself:
Death threats against Leipzig child care centres
Two weeks ago, two kindergartens in Leipzig wanted to take pork off the menu. Then they got massive threats. Some of them have been published by Mayor Jung.
MDR TV of 31 July 2019
From daily The Independent in Britain, 31 July 2019:
Far-right racists threaten to burn down German kindergartens because they stopped serving pork
Mayor speaks out against far-right threat to freedom
By Jon Stone
Far-right racists in Germany have threatened to burn down two nursery schools and kill their management if they do not reintroduce pork to their lunch menus.
Two daycare centres in the city of Leipzig were criticised by right-wing politicians for removing pork, apparently out of consideration for Muslim children who attend.
Burkhard Jung, Leipzig’s social democratic mayor, said the criticism had sparked a tirade of hate and threats against the kindergartens and city authorities from people with far-right and Islamophobic views.
In an emotional post on social media Mr Jung recounted threats that had been received by the nursery in the past week, including pledges to burn it down if pork was not introduced before a certain date, threats to kill those responsible for the menu with a “knife in the heart”, and others to beat up its staff “until [they] are unable to work”.
He said the threats, of which he had only recounted a “small selection” had been received both in writing and in person, adding: “I’m speechless”.
The mayor said the menu change was “nothing unusual” and that reasons for changing the food offer could have been “diverse” – including cultural, taste, or nutritional reasons.
He said the change was “a free decision in a free country” and not a subject for cultural debate.
Mr Jung criticised politicians from the far-right AfD party for allegedly contributing to the hysteria by name, pointing the finger at the “Gaulands, Weidels and Höckes who continue to verbally beat up on those weaker than them”.
“In 2019, kindergartens are threatened when they change their menu, because it does not fit a small-minded picture of the world,” the mayor said.
“The sinking of western civilization and the danger to our enlightened freedom is not the result of those who, for whatever reason, have a different food culture than it is common at the traditional German regular table, but because of those who have lost their moral compass.
“We must not look away, not keep quiet, not hide away: Freedom, equality and empathy are also at risk in our country.”
Earlier this month the board of the two daycare centres announced “in consideration for a changing world” that they would develop a pork-free menu, though they did not specifically mention Islam as the reason.
The daycare centres were given a police guard earlier in the week following the threats.
These people who threaten death are, of course, murderous Islamophobes. But their violent imposition of eating pork is also a threat to Jews, many Hindus, Buddhists, and Christians, atheists and others who are vegans or vegetarians.
From DPA news agency in Germany, 24 July 2019:
Two neighbouring nurseries in the eastern German city of Leipzig have backtracked on their decision earlier Tuesday to remove pork from the children’s lunch menu after a fierce debate ignited online.
The head of both nurseries, Wolfgang Schaefer, said he had decided to reverse the decision – at least for now. The management plans to hold a series of discussions on the matter with parents in mid-August, he told dpa. Police were deployed to protect the facilities earlier in the day, while Schweinefleisch, the German word for pork, became the top trending hashtag on Twitter in Germany on Tuesday. “We’re overwhelmed by the whole thing,” Schaefer said.
Local newspaper the Leipziger Volksstimme quoted an employee of one of the day-care facilities as saying that they had received threats in the wake of the decision from people opposed to changing the rules for Muslims. About two weeks ago, parents received a letter from the nurseries’ management saying that “out of respect for a changing world, only pork-free food and snacks will be ordered and given out starting July 15.”
Not all parents were opposed to the move, however. A 37-year-old father of a boy who attends the nursery said: “In principle, we approve of this decision – you won’t be able to keep my son away from sausages, but he will just have to have them at home.”
The conservative CDU’s Saxony branch waded into the debate, saying on Twitter that “The ban on pork at two day-care centres in Leipzig is unacceptable.” …
A lawmaker for the far-right AfD party, Beatrix von Storch, spoke of “cultural subjugation”, noting that 300 children in both facilities would now have to change their diets and customs to appease two Muslim children.”
So, unfortunately, the witch-hunt against the nurseries was not limited to the violent AfD neo-fascists, and to the corporate tabloid Bild daily, with its lying xenophobic right-wing record. The ‘centre-right’ Saxony ‘Christian’ ‘Democrat’ CDU joined in. These ‘Christian’ ‘Democrat’ Saxons should be ashamed of themselves; as they are, figuratively speaking, urinating on the grave of fellow CDU member Walter Lübcke, murdered by a neo-nazi for opposing xenophobia.