This 2014 video is called Libya War: What They Don’t Want You to Know.
By Zoe Streatfield in Britain:
Tories spent 13 times more on bombing Libya than rebuilding
Monday 27th july 2015
In response to Scottish Nationalist Party concerns, the Commons library has confirmed that some £320 million was spent on military operations and bombing in Libya during Nato’s “humanitarian” intervention in 2011.
Separate government figures show a mere £25 million has been spent on rebuilding infrastructure in the years following the war.
The revelations were made just as Prime Minister David Cameron ordered officials to draft plans for another intervention in Libya with the aim of defeating Isis terrorists.
The government insists that bombing is not part of its initial plans.
Stop the War Coalition national officer Chris Nineham told the Star: “The figures show the 2011 intervention was never about development or improving the situation for people in Libya.
“It was about the projection of Western power in the region.”
Scottish CND secretary Alan Mackinnon said: “The disaster in the Middle East today, which is ultimately responsible for the impoverishment of the people and the migration crisis, is the direct responsibility of Nato and the foreign policy of the Cameron, Hollande and Obama governments.”
Mr Mackinnon said that the SNP must not only criticise imperialist interventions but also break with support for military alliances such as Nato.
The SNP criticised Mr Cameron’s intention to intervene against Isis in Syria in the face of a parliamentary vote against military intervention in 2013.
Mr Gethins said: “The case for bombing in Syria has simply not been made — and the involvement of British service personnel in bombing without the approval of Parliament clearly flouts the democratic decision taken by the House of Commons.
“We urgently need honesty and transparency about the UK intentions in Syria, and a strong commitment to the country following the conflict.”
There are currently no plans to launch air strikes against Libya but last week Mr Cameron confirmed that he would be ready to authorise strikes against any terror threat to Britain.