British Conservative Islamophobia, fraud scandals


British Tory Peer Baroness Warsi

By Lamiat Sabin in Britain:

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Baroness Warsi calls for specific inquiry into Islamophobia after dozens of Tories suspended

TORY peer Baroness Warsi said today that the Conservative Party has a “deep problem” with Islamophobia, after dozens of Tories were suspended pending an investigation into alleged anti-Muslim hate.

Twenty five sitting and former Tory councillors are reportedly among those identified, in documents obtained by The Guardian, as allegedly posting or endorsing online Islamophobic posts.

Posts include calls for mosques to be banned, claims that Islam intends to “turn the world Muslim” and references to Muslims as “barbarians” and “the enemy within”.

Ms Warsi accused her own party of being “dismissive” of the issue — four years after problems were first brought to light.

She also said she is “disappointed” that the party is “trying to dilute” the investigation into Islamophobia by holding an inquiry into all forms of prejudice.

Ms Warsi told BBC Radio 4’s Today programme that there had been “dossier after dossier, dozens and dozens of cases presented with the most vile evidence of racism within the party at every level from MPs all the way down to our ordinary activists.”

The recent dossier, compiled by an anonymous anti-racism campaigner using the Twitter handle @MatesJacob, increases pressure on Prime Minister Boris Johnson — who has been condemned for saying that niqab-wearing Muslim women look like “letterboxes” — to hold an independent inquiry specifically into Islamophobia within his party.

Shadow equalities minister Naz Shah said: “The Conservative Party is rife with Islamophobia, racism and bigotry from top to bottom, but we have no faith that Boris Johnson will do anything about it.”

Muslim Council of Britain secretary-general Harun Khan said that the type of Islamophobic comments made by Tory members now coming to light are a “regular occurrence” and are “endemic” in the party.

He said: “From members at the grassroots to councillors, MPs, members of Cabinet and the Prime Minister, there are hugely concerning levels of hatred against Muslims throughout the party.

“Yet the Conservative Party still refuses to hold an independent investigation into Islamophobia despite the Prime Minister committing to this and instead deems it appropriate to gloss over the issue with a broad inquiry into racism.”

He also said that the Tories lack transparency on how many members have been suspended over allegations of Islamophobia and how many have been readmitted.

British Conservative candidate Chris Davies

From daily The Morning Star in Britain:

Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Fraudster Chris Davies withdrawn from standing as a Tory candidate in North Wales

FRAUDSTER Chris Davies has withdrawn from standing as a Conservative candidate in Ynys Mon following criticism that his selection made a “mockery” of the people of the island.

The former Tory MP for Brecon and Radnorshire was sacked in June after being found guilty of faking expenses claims.

However, the Conservatives still selected Mr Davies to run for Ynys Mon — the North Wales constituency that includes the island of Anglesey and the smaller Holy Island.

The appointment sparked outrage among Ynys Mon residents and opposition candidates.

Plaid Cymru candidate Aled ap Dafydd said: “By imposing a convicted former MP who was found guilty of a false expenses claim as the candidate for the island shows how little they care about Ynys Mon.

“This makes a mockery of the people of the island.”

Mr Davies said he decided to step down due to “criticism in the media.”

The disgraced former MP was convicted in March after he admitted submitting two false expenses invoices for nine photographs costing £700 to decorate his new office.

He was fined £1,500, ordered to pay £2,500 towards legal costs and told to carry out 50 hours of community service.

The Labour candidate for Ynys Mon Mary Roberts said Mr Davies’s appointment had been an “insult” to the people of Anglesey.

“It’s insulting to the people of Ynys Mon for the Conservatives to have considered parachuting him in as a parliamentary candidate,” she said.

“Unsurprisingly he’s been forced to withdraw. Anglesey deserves better than this.”

A TORY candidate in Scotland has been suspended over offensive internet posts. Ryan Houghton, candidate for Aberdeen North, was dropped by the Conservative Party after the discovery of offensive social media posts. His suspension follows the National newspaper’s publication of a long list of anti-semitic, Islamophobic and homophobic posts by Mr Houghton on a martial arts forum in 2013: here.

French Le Pen nazi armed mosque attack


This French video says about itself (translated):

Two people injured by bullets in front of the Bayonne mosque

Around 3 pm on this Monday, October 28 [2019], in Bayonne two individuals attacked the mosque of Bayonne and injured two faithful persons by gunfire. They were arrested. A video by Jean-Daniel Chopin.

After a Canadian admirer of French neofascist Marine le Pen murdered mosque visitors in Quebec, now another Le Pen-ist armed attack on a mosque.

Translated from Dutch NOS TV today:

In the French town Bayonne, an elderly man fired several bullets at a mosque around 2 p.m. Two men aged 74 and 78 were seriously injured. How they are doing is still unclear.

The gunman, an 84-year-old man, was arrested at his house. A firearm and a gas bottle were found in his car.

According to the local government, the perpetrator tried to set fire to the door of the mosque and was then disturbed by the other two elderly people, whom he subsequently shot. During his flight, he also tried to set fire to his car.

Le Pen

According to the French police, the man has ties with the right-wing populist

Dear NOS and other journalists: quit using ‘populist’ as an euphemism for racist, fascist, neonazi etc.

party of the French politician Marine Le Pen. He was a local candidate for that party in 2015, but was not elected.

This 13 March 2018 video from the USA, about another mosque in another Bayonne, says about itself:

After 2-year battle that included racist attacks, Bayonne approves mosque

A New Jersey city that denied a Muslim group`s bid to build a mosque last summer has reached a settlement with the group that will allow the project to proceed. The mosque will transform a defunct factory on a dead-end street to a bustling community center.

German Halle synagogue attack nazi murders two


This 9 October 2019 video says about itself:

Halle: Eyewitness describes shooting in Germany

Two people died and two more were severely injured in the eastern German city of Halle on Wednesday after a gunman opened fire in the city’s Paulus quarter. Speaking to German broadcaster RTL, an eyewitness said he had been in a kebab shop when a man with a helmet and military jacket approached, caused a small, loud explosion and then started shooting, sending people to flee to the back of the shop.

By Johannes Stern in Germany:

German Nazi murders two in Yom Kippur Synagogue attack

10 October 2019

The attack by a Nazi killer on the synagogue in Halle has left two people dead and several injured. Carried out on the Jewish holiday of Yom Kippur, the murderous rampage was intended to demonstrate that anti-Semitism remains a significant political force in Germany. The attack demonstrates, in a horrific manner, the dark political reality in Germany: Almost 75 years after the fall of the Third Reich, the country has, once again, a serious Nazi and anti-Semitic problem, which has led to death and serious injury.

It is clear that the assassinations in Halle were right-wing extremist terror attacks. The suspect is 27-year-old Stephan Balliet from Saxony-Anhalt, who has since been arrested. His rampage recalls that of the right-wing Australian-born terrorist Brentan Tarrant, who attacked two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand last March, killing 51 people. Like Tarrant, Balliet was heavily armed and wore a helmet and army clothing. He filmed his bloody rampage and transmitted it via livestream to the Internet.

The more than 30-minute video shows Balliet shooting a passer-by near Halle’s Jewish cemetery, and a guest in a kebab shop near the synagogue. Previously, the right-wing terrorist had tried to enter the Jewish religious building in order to kill the 70 to 80 worshippers there. On the run, Balliet injured two other people in Landsberg, Saxony.

Max Privorozki, chairman of the Jewish community in Halle, told the news magazine Spiegel Online how his community barely escaped a massacre: “The perpetrator shot several times at the door and threw several Molotov cocktails, firecrackers or grenades to penetrate it. But the door stayed shut; God protected us. The whole thing lasted maybe five to ten minutes.”

The video shows that the assassin acted out of hatred for foreigners and Jews. According to media reports, he repeatedly scolded “Kanaken”,

term of abuse for, eg, people of Turkish ancestry

denied the Holocaust and made extremely anti-Semitic statements in his poor English.

Despite the holiday, the synagogue was not protected by police. Balliet was able to shoot for minutes, murder two people and drive away undisturbed, before alarmed police arrived.

Josef Schuster, chairman of the Central Council of Jews in Germany, noted, “It’s a shocking experience, but it’s a development we’ve warned against in recent years.” Parts of society have drifted to the extreme right; words have been followed by deeds. He saw what has happened “not as an isolated case, but as a clear development.”

Translated from Dutch NOS TV today:

In May, Seehofer’s [German] department [of the Interior] published figures on so-called politically motivated crime. The report (.pdf) showed that nearly 1,800 anti-Semitic offences were counted in Germany last year: nearly 20 percent more than a year earlier.

This included violence, but also the use of anti-Semitic symbols such as the swastika. In nearly 90 percent of the registered cases, the offender had an extreme right-wing background. The number of xenophobic incidents

like the killing of the person of Turkish ancestry in the Halle attack yesterday

also increased by 20 percent from 2017 to 2018, to 7,700. …

Earlier this year a study was also published about the experiences of Jews from all over Europe with anti-Semitism. …

Of all respondents, young Jews from Germany said they had suffered the most (41 percent) from anti-Semitism.

The Johannes Stern article continues:

Responsibility for this bloody deed lies with the ruling class. The hypocritical expressions of condolence by Chancellor Angela Merkel (CDU) and President Frank-Walter Steinmeier (SPD) last evening cannot conceal this fact. In recent years, the entire ruling class, along with the media, have systematically created the ideological climate and political conditions for right-wing terror.

In tandem with the AfD it has built up a right-wing extremist party, whose chairman Alexander Gauland glorifies the Wehrmacht [of Adolf Hitler] and describes Hitler and the Nazis as “bird shit in over 1000 years of successful German history.” The grand coalition has made the AfD the official leader of the parliamentary opposition since the 2017 federal elections, integrated it into the parliamentary framework and adopted its refugee policy one-to-one.

At the same time, it allows the radical right-wing terrorist networks, which reach deep into the army, police and secret services, maintaining death lists, with the names of several thousand targeted persons, to operate almost unharmed. As in the case of the series of murders committed by the neo-Nazi National Socialist Underground (NSU), the recent case of Kassel District President Walter Lübcke (CDU), who was murdered in May, revealed how close the links are between the state—and, in particular the Office for the Protection of the Constitution—and the right-wing terrorists.

According to the official statistics of the Federal Criminal Police Office, a total of 497 right-wing extremists remain at large, although arrest warrants have been issued against them.

As in the Weimar Republic, the ruling class primarily uses the rearmament of the state apparatus, which is shot through with right-wing extremist elements, to intensify action against the left.

In the current report of the Verfassungsschutz (Office for the Protection of the Constitution), the Interior Ministry’s secret service, the Sozialistische Gleichheitspartei (Socialist Equality Party—SGP) has, for the second time in a row, been listed as an “object of observation”, because it fights against right-wing extremism and advocates a socialist program that, according to the accusation of the secret service, is directed “against alleged nationalism, imperialism and militarism.” Mass protests against the AfD, such as the “Rock gegen Rechts” concert in Chemnitz last September, have also been defamed as “left-wing extremist” by the Office for the Protection of the Constitution.

The right-wing offensive is supported by influential university academics who, as in the Third Reich under the Nazis, play a key role in the ideological preparation for dictatorship and war.

At the end of August, Bernhard Kempen, chairman of the German Association of University Professors and Lecturers (Deutscher Hochschulverband), gave a television interview backing the right-wing radical historian Jörg Baberowski. Kempen denounced any criticism of Baberowski’s anti-refugee viewpoint and apologetics for the Nazis (“Hitler was not vicious”) as “terrorism of opinion and conviction” [“Meinungs- und Gessinungsterrorismus”]. Most recently, Baberowski failed to establish a centre for dictatorship research at the Humboldt University in Berlin, due to the immense opposition of the student body.

Five years ago, the SGP warned of the consequences of the return of German militarism at a Special Conference Against War in Berlin. Only a few months after Steinmeier, then Foreign Minister, had declared at the Munich Security Conference in 2014, that Germany was “too big to merely comment on world politics from the sidelines,” we analysed the objective driving forces behind the return of German militarism, and explained:

The propaganda of the post-war era—that Germany had learnt from the terrible crimes of the Nazis, had ‘arrived at the West’, had embraced a peaceful foreign policy, and had developed into a stable democracy—is exposed as lies. German imperialism is once again showing its real colours as it emerged historically, with all of its aggressiveness at home and abroad.

Five years later, this assessment is being dramatically confirmed. The far-right terror in Halle aims to establish anti-Semitism and Nazism, once again, as an influential political force in Germany. It is being used by the ruling class, as in the 1930s, to arm the oppressive state apparatus, advance militarism and suppress growing social and political resistance.

The only social force that can stop the fascist danger and a relapse into barbarism is the international working class.

Who Were The Two Bystanders Killed By Thwarted Synagogue Shooter In Halle? Here.

Following the right-wing terrorist attack on a Jewish synagogue in Halle in the German state of Saxony-Anhalt, Holger Stahlknecht, Saxony-Anhalt’s Interior Minister, has rejected all of the criticisms of the police and state authorities made by the Jewish community: here.

German nazi murders at synagogue, kebab shop


This 9 October 2019 German video, by right-wing daily Bild, says about itself (translated):

Right-wing terror in Halle +++ Neo-Nazi Stephan Balliet streamed his attack live

Translated from Dutch NOS TV today:

The perpetrator of the attack in Halle, Germany, has recorded the murder of two people on video. The images were uploaded on video site Twitch. The clip lasts nearly 36 minutes and is similar to the footage Brenton Tarrant made of the Christchurch massacre in New Zealand in March of this year.

The shooter in Halle seems to act alone. Because his weapon repeatedly jams, kiling of more victims was prevented.

German media report that the perpetrator is 27-year-old Stephan B. … He films himself at the start of the video and calls himself ‘anon’. That’s a term for anonymous users on forums like 8chan. He calls Jews “the cause of all problems” and denies the Holocaust. He also complains about feminism and mass immigration.

Bucket full of explosives

You can see how he drives to a synagogue. He can not come in, after which he fires a few shots at the door. He then applies a home-made explosive device to a side door. A bucket full of explosives can be seen in his car. The man tries to find another entrance but does not succeed. He walks around the synagogue in a swearing and ranting tone.

A woman passer-by who talks to him is cold-bloodedly murdered. The man drives away and stops again at a street corner where he walks into a [Turkish owned] döner-kebab shop. Two men can escape because the shooter’s gun repeatedly jams.

Back on the street, he shoots at a passer-by again, but he doesn’t seem to hit. He then goes after two workmen and shoots at them, but they also escape.

“Weapons worthless”

The shooter then returns to the kebab shop and shoots a man dead who is hiding in a corner. When he leaves the shop again, the gunman complains about his weapons: “I have proven that improvised weapons are worthless.”

He is then blocked by police, whom he shoots at repeatedly. He is injured in the neck himself. “I don’t know if I’m going to die,” he says. When the man manages to escape, he listens to music and apparently by chance to a radio program about the arms trade.

After barely half an hour he apparently throws the camera or telephone out of the car window. The images continue to run for a few minutes while cars drive over the camera.

Lethal German nazi attack on synagogue, Turks


This 9 October 2019 German video says about itself, translated:

Killers came with bulletproof vests and guns: attack on synagogue in Halle

Attack on the synagogue in the Paulus district in Halle! At least two people were killed!

With several weapons, shots were fired on Wednesday afternoon. Several armed culprits were on the run, a police spokeswoman said. There was now one person arrested.

Also, at least two people were injured.

Dutch NOS TV reports that the violent neo-nazis also threw hand grenades. They not only fired shots at the synagogue, but also at a döner kebab business. These businesses are mostly owned by people of Turkish ancestry.

Nevertheless, Dutch right-wing site GeenStijl initially claimed the murderers were Muslims; while it looks a lot more like Islamophobes.

In German media, it is suspected they are so-called mittelfränkische Neonazis, originally from the NPD party in Bavaria.

Halle Police said the two victims of the attack are a woman, who was killed at the synagogue, and a man, who was killed at the kebab shop. … The car used by the suspect seen in video obtained by CNN shooting behind a grey car is registered to the town of Euskirchen, North Rhine–Westfalia, which is 263 miles from Halle. … António Guterres, the UN Secretary-General, strongly condemned the Halle, Germany, attack, according to a statement given through his deputy spokesman. He regards this as “yet another tragic demonstration of anti-Semitism — perpetrated on the holy day of Yom Kippur — which needs to be fought with the utmost determination”: here.