My blogging friend Meghan of the blog Whimsically Meghan has nominated Dear Kitty. Some blog for the Real Neat Blog Award. Thank you, and all the best for you and your blog!
Late in 2014, I made this Real Neat Blog Award. There are so many bloggers whose blogs deserve more attention. So, I wanted to try to do something about that.
It is the first award that I ever made. I did some computer graphics years ago, before I started blogging; but my computer drawing had become rusty. So, I made the award with this logo then.
It is good to see that this award since then has gone to many places of the blogosphere.
- Display the Award Logo.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and post a link to their blog.
- Answer the seven questions of the one who nominated you.
- Nominate seven bloggers to receive the award and tag/pingback to their blogs.
- Ask them seven new questions.
Meghan’s questions and my answers are:
1. Time for some self-love. What is your favourite thing about yourself?
My blog and other writing.
2. It’s late. You’ve had a crazy long day and you are super hungry. What is your go-to quick meal? Mine is baked beans on toast with a little grated cheese melted on the top… and when I say a little cheese I mean a lot of cheese.
A small bit of cheese or a big bit.
3. List the best five books that you have read in the last 12 months.
Albert Camus, The Plague. Stephen Fry, Mythos. The autobiography of Dutch poetess Henriette Roland Holst. The biography of Ms Roland Holst by J.P. van Praag. The ancient Greek poet Hesiod, Theogonia.
4. Would you rather be an oak tree or a butterfly?
They both have their good and bad sides. Oaks live much longer and I don’t like dying. But butterflies can move.
5. What book have you reread more than any other, or if you do not reread then why is that?
The autobiography of Henriette Roland Holst.
6. If you were a kitchen appliance which one would you be? I am a kettle for sure, always getting boiled up about something.
I would not like to be a kitchen appliance. An oak tree can also not move, but at least it is alive.
7. Would you rather win an Oscar (award for acting) or a Grammy (award for music)?
Probably, a Grammy, as I have never acted, but I used to be in a band.
My questions to my nominees are the same as Meghan’s.
Now I will break a rule. I will nominate not 7, but 17 bloggers. They are:
1. Suzie M. Bosko
3. My life as a Geography student
4. Refreshingly Random
5. The Cool Fijian Guy
6. Being Zab
7. By Hook Or By Book
9. Surajit Khanna – Child Advocate
10, Child’s Mindset
12. The Written Revolt ©
13. from the pink shed
14. 𝗦𝘁𝘄𝗮𝘆𝗻𝗲 𝗞𝗲𝘂𝗯𝗿𝗶𝗰𝗸’𝘀 𝗔𝗿𝘁 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗽
16. How big is Texas?