My dear blogging friend Jyotee of the poetry blog Life is all about PAIN has been so kind to nominate my blog for the Liebster Award.
Thank you so much for this generous gesture!
The rules of the Liebster Award are:
Thank the blogger who nominated you.
Nominate bloggers for the award. Notify them on their blogs.
Answer ten questions.
The ten questions and my replies are:
1. What was your first post on WordPress; provide the link?
I started blogging at other sites in 2005. However, these sites stopped. On 8 December 2011, I wrote my first blog entry especially on WordPress; it was about the Occupy Wall Street movement in the USA.
2. If you are given a chance to meet people following you in WordPress who would you meet first and why?
At the moment, 3,697 people subscribe to my blog. I value all of them; this number makes it hard to single out one person.
3. When do you generally write, morning, daytime, evening or night?
Usually morning, daytime, evening.
4. What is the piece of writing you wrote that is close to your heart?
A poem I wrote in 1999 about the war on Yugoslavia in that year.
Here is its English translation:
Milica Rakic from Belgrade.
Milica Rakic never voted for Milosevic.
Milica Rakic is three years old.
Milica Rakic learns a new word every hour.
Milica, do you see that butterfly?
Milica, that is a blackbird.
There, Milica, a dragonfly flies.
Fairy’s horse, vilan konjic, in Serbo-Croatian.
Milica Rakic did not become an ugly fourteen-year-old girl.
Milica Rakic did not become a beautiful fifty-eight-year-old woman.
Milica Rakic will not become a hairdresser.
Milica Rakic will not become a world-famous author.
Between Milica’s blood, the bomb splinters,
in Latin script,
Made in USA.
Or: Made in my country?
5. What is writing for you?
One of my favourite activities.
6. How often do you write?
If I am somewhere where there is an Internet connection, then I usually write every day.
7. If you have to choose between writing and wealth, what would you choose and why?
If I would be offered wealth, on condition that I would never write anything again, then I would refuse the wealth. As there is so much to write about.
8. Best and most beautiful thing of your life?
9. Source of inspiration for writing?
I have many sources. There are forty categories of subjects on my blog.
10. What type of person are you (in five words)?
Pro-peace, love for animals.
My nominees are:
1. Paris: People, Places and Bling
4. Denisa Aricescu Poezii
5. JSC: Jamaicans in Solidarity with Cuba
6. Paris & Les Deux-Sèvres en photographies