This video about the Netherlands in winter says about itself:
25 hungry Great White Egrets
14 Jan 2013
25 Great White Egrets gathering before sunset to sleep together and to fish in some not yet frozen canals.
That was the biggest ever number for that species on Tiengemeten. On that island, great egrets are nearly twice as common as grey herons. Though grey herons are the most common heron species in the Netherlands as a whole.
- Three great egrets (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Great egret and geese (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Snowy Egret and Blue Heron (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Sparrowhawk against crows, and many wigeons (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Blue Heron, Egret, and new lifer (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Where I work…jelly? (queenofwildcalifornia.wordpress.com)
- The Heron Prince Affair…or My Photo Session with Magnificence (tropicalaffair.wordpress.com)
- Agios Sozomenos and Athalassa again today 30th November (cyprusbirdingtours.com)
- Day starts misty optically, but ends optimistically (blashfordlakes.wordpress.com)