16 November 2013. In the Zeevang area, in Noord-Holland province, the Netherlands. A sparrowhawk tries to sit down on a big tree. However, other birds constantly quarrel with it, trying to drive the raptor away. Sometime jays; sometimes carrion crows; sometimes, like in the photo, magpies.
A sparrowhawk flying; probably not the same one as later at the tree. A common gull on the meadow.
In the ditches of Zeevang nature reserve, not only mallards, but also very many wigeons.
Wigeons are beautiful, if you get the chance to look at individuals closely.
A kestrel on a fence. Then, the sparrowhawk conflicts already mentioned in the introduction.
A grey heron. A great egret.
Many barnacle geese.
And white-fronted geese as well.
A hare running.
Three shelducks. A great cormorant dries its wings.
Teal amidst the many wigeons.
A peregrine falcon cleans its feathers on a pole.
Many hundreds of golden plovers flying in starling-like formations.
Groups of curlews on a meadow.
Moorhens in a ditch.
Stay tuned, as there will be more about Zeevang birds on this blog.
- Brent geese, sanderlings and plovers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- November 7th 2013 (camelbirder.wordpress.com)
- Texel bar-tailed godwits and fieldfare (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- The Bennerley Bugle No. 16 (thebennerleybugle.wordpress.com)
- Golden Plover, Wigeon and a Marsh Harrier: First day wildfowling this season (theshotgunchef.wordpress.com)
- Pintail, egrets, curlews, dunlin (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel, kestrel and teal (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Thursday 14th November (bbray1945.wordpress.com)
- Early Vists to my New Patch – 28/ix/13 (celticbirder.wordpress.com)