It is in support of a military dictatorship.
It brings death, mainly to Malian civilians.
This war is a neo-colonial war.
The French Foreign Legion became infamous in the nineteenth century for its atrocities while imposing colonial rule in Algeria and elsewhere. Now, it plays a role in twenty-first century neo-colonialism as well.
Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:
Thursday 12 Dec 2013, 18:34
The [Dutch] Lower House of parliament as expected has supported the decision to send 368 troops to Mali. …
It is a bit ironic that the PVV, Geert Wilders‘ xenophobic party, now suddenly has faith in Muslim soldiers. In the PVV ideology, all Muslims are equally absolute evil and supposedly all of them are al-Qaeda … still, now only they are supposed to do the dying for, mainly French, neo-colonial interests.
- Sorting out Mali isn’t our job, France says (trust.org)
- AP Finds Bodies of 6 After Ethnic Killings in Mali (abcnews.go.com)
- Mali, Tuaregs fault France on failing peace talks (trust.org)
- Mali dictator victims’ mass grave discovered (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch Sending 368 Peacekeeping Troops to Mali (matthewaid.com)
- Tuaregs declare return to war against Mali army (modernghana.com)