This happened on the Razende Bol, a desert island close to the bigger Texel.
People try to save this whale. It is still partially underwater; which is a good sign for survival.
UPDATE: the whale is about 12 meter long. The tide is rising, which may help the whale.
- Good Irish whale news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Albino humpback whale off Svalbard (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Humpback Whales Up Close and Personal: Gotta-See Video (news.discovery.com)
- In pictures: Humpbacks close up (bbc.co.uk)
- Humpback whale puts on a show for photographer in Baltimore harbour (irishcentral.com)
- Close encounter with humpback whale off Australian coast captured on camera (telegraph.co.uk)
- Unusual sighting of five humpback whales off Ireland’s south west coast – VIDEO (irishcentral.com)
- Whale watchers look the wrong way as huge humpback leaps out of ocean (telegraph.co.uk)
- AK: Humpback Whales (alaskapublic.org)
- Splash Into the 2013 Whale Season! (pacificislandparks.com)