This video from the USA says about itself:
14 June 2015
Ensaf Haidar spoke out amid growing fears among human rights groups that Mr Badawi will be publicly flogged for a second time on 12 June. On 7 June his sentence of ten years in jail and 1,000 lashes was upheld despite the international outcry over his treatment.
Ms Haidar, who now lives in Quebec with the couple’s three children after being forced to flee Saudi Arabia, said she was convinced that his brutal punishment was about to resume and called on the country’s royal family to release him.”
Read more here.
By Steve Sweeney in Britain:
Thursday 26th October 2017
ANTI-ARMS TRADE campaigners branded Defence Secretary Michael Fallon “disgraceful” yesterday after he called on MPs to stop criticising Saudi Arabia so that Britain can sell more weapons to the brutal theocracy.
He said that Parliament needed to do “everything possible” to ensure that Saudi Arabia signs a deal to buy a second batch of Eurofighter jets after his visit to the country last month.
Britain has licensed an incredible £3.8 billion of arms sales to Saudi forces since the bombing of Yemen began in March 2015.
Campaigners failed to win a judicial review halting the exports earlier this year amid allegations of war crimes being committed in Yemen, where more than 10,000 people have been killed and millions displaced.
The United Nations said Yemen was suffering from the “world’s worst cholera outbreak” and blamed it on the bombing campaign.
Andrew Smith of Campaign Against Arms Trade said: “These comments from the Secretary of State for Defence are disgraceful. He is calling on other parliamentarians to join him in putting arms sales ahead of human rights, democracy and international humanitarian law.
“Fallon should be doing all he can to stop the bloodshed and end UK complicity in the suffering, not urging his colleagues to willingly ignore the abuses in order to sell even more weapons.