This video says about itself:
Golden Dawn, immigration and police violence in Greece – Truthloader speaks to Into The Fire
April 22, 2013
Into the Fire is an independent film entirely crowd-funded and crowd-distributed online, looking into the treatment of immigrants in Greece as the country’s politics shift to the far right Golden Dawn Party. We caught up with Kate Mara and Guy Smallman, who were involved in producing the film.
From Dawn of the Greeks blog:
A new racist attack in Athens. Victim a 14 years old boy from Afghanistan
Posted on May 15, 2013
A new racist attack took place on Monday (May 6, 2013) in the centre of Athens. The victim is a 14-year-old boy from Afghanistan. The boy reported he was attacked by a group of men dressed in black outside the metro station of Attiki square. The group asked for the papers of the boy. As the Afghan teen declared he had not any, he was kicked and fell on the ground.
The attackers reportedly smashed a bottle of beer and injured him on the forehead. A person who was passing by near the incident took him to the hospital. The victim is currently under the protection of Doctors of the World and stays at a charity hostel, while the UNHCR reported the incident to police. The boy came to Greece with his mother on their way to Switzerland where his brother lives. According to greek media, the human traffickers had separated the family. Till now there is no evidence of who attacked the boy, although the Greek media are writing today that most probably the perpetrators are from the neonazi scene.
More in Greek: here.
The story of a 14-year-old Afghani who had come to Greece with his mother in search for a better life, decided to leave to Switzerland where his brother lives but was in the meantime attacked by a group of stormtroopers: here.
A 6-year-old girl drowned when a small boat crammed with immigrants trying to enter Greece illegally sank off an eastern Aegean Sea islet: here.
- Athens: Afghan boy, 14, victim of racist attack (keeptalkinggreece.com)
- Greek nazis burn Roma people’s homes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Immigrants in Greece Into the Fire (greece.greekreporter.com)
- Breaking News: 14 Year Old Boy Attacked by Racists in Greece Received 30 Stitches to Face (ireport.cnn.com)
- Immigrant workers unpaid, shot in Greece (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Return of the far right: Greece’s financial crisis has led to a rise in violent attacks on refugees (independent.co.uk)
- Xenophobia Rises in Greece (eu.greekreporter.com)
- At least 28 immigrants shot at Greece strawberry plantation after not being paid for six months (rt.com)
- Racist Violence – Presentation of Annual Report 2012 (insomniadiary.wordpress.com)
- EU criticises Greece for refusing Syrians asylum (worldbulletin.net)