The blog dawnofthegreeks writes about this:
racist hate attack against Roma people community of Xanthi
May 10, 2013
According to reports of journalists in Xanthi and the state TV station ET3, residents of the city have invited a group of neonazis to attack the community of Roma people. The excuse was more or less the same like other regions of the country. The residents talk about a number of small-robberies in their area which is increased lately. The residents together with the nazis set the half of the Roma people tents on fire. The local police didn’t show up during the pogrom incident.
Greek source: prezatv.
Also in Greece: According to the state media, two strawberry fields workers from Bangladesh in Nea Manolada went to request their salaries from their foreman last midnight. Both workers were beaten with a knife or other sharp object, one on the back and the other on the leg, and transferred to the health center (small hospital) of Varda. The foreman was arrested by the police: here.
Hate speech bill delayed by Samaras’ office: here.
Foreign students without stay permit to be excluded from Greek graduation exams. Punished for their parents’ unemployment: here.
- Nine Roma receive prison sentences for “crimes against the nation” (politics.hu)
- Recommendation for integration of Roma people by the Council of Europe (delegatesdaily2013.wordpress.com)
- The plight of the Roma: A brief analysis (platformjournal.wordpress.com)
- Roma: Unwanted, Marginalized, Defiant And Freedom To Roam (VIDEO) (bravenewimmigrant.wordpress.com)
- Facing Discrimination, Roma Strive To Succeed (eurasiareview.com)