This Japanese punk rock video is by Scrap, a band consisting of people who lost all through the Fukushima nuclear disaster. The song is in Japanese, except the English language chorus, which is not very complimentary for the TEPCO nuclear corporation, the bosses of Fukushima. There are English subtitles with the video.
From the Atlantic Wire in the USA:
May 24, 2012
After the arrest of a yakuza boss for his alleged role in supplying workers to TEPCO’s Fukushima Daichi Nuclear Plant, we are learning the details of how Japan’s nuclear industry relied on organized crime. Since July of last year, a few months after the March 11 earthquake and tsunami resulted in a triple meltdown at the Fukushima plant, investigators have been probing possible yakuza links to TEPCO and the nuclear industry under the guidance of the National Police Agency.
“Yakuza involvement in the nuclear industry is believed to go back to 2007 or earlier,” said a police source, “and the gangs involved were dispatching yakuza to nuclear sites all over Japan.”
The yakuza boss arrested has been identified as Makoto Owada, a high-ranking member of the Sumiyoshi-kai (住吉会) crime group, the second largest organized crime group in Japan with roughly 12,000 members. Owada is charged with illegally dispatching workers to the reconstruction site from May to July of last year. The Fukushima plant is located in Sumiyoshi-kai territory (in yakuza parlance nawabari). However, in his initial statements to the police at the time of his arrest, Owada admitted that he had dispatched workers, including his own yakuza soldiers, to nuclear power plant construction sites all over Japan from as early as 2007.
“If we didn’t do it, who would?” asked one mid-level yakuza boss, who defended the criminal groups’ involvement.
Woman takes on Yakuza godfather over protection racket: here.
- Japan sells Fukushima technology to Arab dictatorships (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- How the Yakuza and Japan’s Nuclear Industry Learned to Love Each Other (transcend.org)
- Fukushima leak much worse than Japanese government admits (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- New Fukushima leak puts spotlight on plant operator – again (csmonitor.com)
- Yakuza Restoration Announced (goodkindofgeek.com)
- #australia #Uranium moratorium needed as #Fukushima falls apart @SenatorLudlam (tonyserve.wordpress.com)
- Fukushima ‘much worse’ than reported (bbc.co.uk)
- Insight: In Fukushima end-game, radiated water has nowhere to go (reuters.com)