Translated from Dutch news agency ANP today:
There will be no construction of a bypass road around the Gelderland village ‘t Harde, because that would disturb the habitat of the black woodpecker. Ecological research has shown that in the nature reserve two breeding pairs of this species occur.
So says the province of Gelderland, which today scrapped the bypass road plans.
- Woodpecker and blackbird back at the balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Downy Woodpecker (alaskanaturephotography.wordpress.com)
- The Woodpecker \ One Of Nature’s All Natural Insect Exterminators (docdavis15.wordpress.com)
- Great spotted woodpecker on the balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Ladder Pattern: Woodpeckers of the Mojave Desert (kcet.org)
- No Headaches For Woodpeckers (eclegein.wordpress.com)
- Woodpeckers: Canadian Vs. Mexican (ralphiesportal.me)
- My Big Sit Results 2012 (prairiebirder.wordpress.com)