This video is about the Fochteloërveen.
30 April 2013.
Early in the morning, a curlew calling.
In the Aekingerzand reserve: yellowhammer sound.
A female pied flycatcher.
At the Staatsbosbeheer information centre, sculptures in wood, of pine martens, and a bee.
The left half of the gate is a sculpture of an adult black woodpecker …
… bringing food to its chicks in the nest, in the right half of the sculpture.
In Appelscha village, cuckoo flowers.
As today, the queen of the Netherlands abdicates, and the crown prince becomes king, some people have Dutch flags flying. At least one house has a Frisian flag instead of a Dutch flag.
A dunnock sings. A collared dove on top of the bridge.
We arrive at the Ravenswoud watchtower.
A cuckoo calls.
Grey lag geese swimming.
A chiffchaff. A chaffinch.
A buzzard circling in the air.
In the Fochteloërveen, a grasshopper warbler sings.
A male stonechat.
In the hide, barn swallows nest.
In the next lake, at least three black-necked grebes.
A meadow pipit, flying and singing.
A male hen harrier.
Then, a butterfly. A small male blue butterfly. A group in which it is difficult to find out the exact species.
A hobby flying.
Spanish black-neckerd grebe nests in England: here.
- Kestrel, willow warbler and eared grebes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Savi’s warbler, willow warbler, wren and curlews (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Turnstones, oystercatchers, willow warbler (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Egret, konik horses, great crested grebe (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Nuthatch, treecreeper, redstart (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Grasshopper Warbler (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Siberian Dutch yellow-browed warbler in Cornwall (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Willow Warblers (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- 1 September 2013 (cotswoldwaterpark.wordpress.com)