Today, an excursion with a cart and three horses to the Boschplaat nature reserve.
Collared doves on the roof opposite the starting point.
Later, a marsh harrier. And the first one of the male pheasants of today.
We drove along a horse-cart track with at one point lesser-black backed gull nests on both sides of the track.
The Boschplaat is a beautiful, quiet part of Terschelling.
Boschplaat flowers: here.
- Freshwater fish of Wadden Sea islands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Savi’s warbler, willow warbler, wren and curlews (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Gallery: Spring is in the air at Daws Hall Nature Reserve (eadt.co.uk)
- Two sea eaglets born in the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Developers can build on nature reserves – if they ‘offset’ the damage elsewhere, says Government review (telegraph.co.uk)
- Scared pandas may require counseling after Sichuan quake (wantchinatimes.com)
- Hooded hunter fined €4,685 (timesofmalta.com)
- Same place, different pace (thewalkerswife.wordpress.com)
- Spoonbills, other birds of Dutch desert island (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Rare Spoonbill at Ghadira nature reserve (timesofmalta.com)