This video is called Inside Nature’s Giants: Sperm Whale.
Translated from Dutch news agency ANP:
July 29, 2013 16:55
Sperm whale stranded on Terschelling
On Terschelling a sperm whale has beached. The SOS Dolphin Foundation reported that this Monday. The animal was said to be still alive.
According to the salvor organisation KNRM the sperm whale is at pole 26, on the northeast side of the island.
Noordgat shipping company will make an attempt to rescue the animal. SOS Dolphin is a sanctuary for small cetaceans which is located at the Dolfinarium in Harderwijk.
A photo of this beached whale is here.
The animal is about 15 meter.
Pole 26 is in the Boschplaat nature reserve. About Boschplaat birds: here.
- A huge baby Sperm Whale swimming alone in sunlit waters while… (thekidshouldseethis.com)
- Picture of the Day: Baby Sperm Whale Jumps for Joy, Goes Flying Through the Air (news.softpedia.com)
- Birds of Terschelling island, the Netherlands (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Coastline of Ilocos Norte becoming marine animal grave (newsinfo.inquirer.net)
- Whales Almost Swallow, ‘Eat’ Divers in California (+Video) (theepochtimes.com)
- Free whale and dolphin presentation Monday (thegardenisland.com)
- Pygmy sperm whale, calf die on Florida beach (local10.com)
- Whaling in Connecticut (manuscripts.wordpress.com)
- HABITATS: Atlas of Ireland’s Marine Mammals (reellifescience.com)
- Tragic sperm whale Moby’s skull to go on display at National Museum of Scotland (dailyrecord.co.uk)
Pingback: Sperm whale on Terschelling dies | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Fish moved in island lake reconstruction | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Rare wagtail on Terschelling island | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Porpoise beached alive on Texel island | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: How whales avoid sunburn | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Saving sixty pilot whales in New Zealand | Dear Kitty. Some blog