THis video is about the Nieuwkoopse Plassen nature reserve in the Netherlands, on 15 May 2015.
On 20 April 2013, to the Nieuwkoopse Plassen.
From our boat, we hear a greenfinch and a chiffchaff.
Black headed gulls and Mediterranean gulls.
Canada geese on a meadow.
Curlews on a meadow on the other side of the water.
Two northern shoveler ducks flying.
A reed bunting.
Two Egyptian geese.
Great cormorants flying.
A gadwall duck swimming.
Many grey lag geese.
Great tits in a tree.
A male chaffinch.
A male great spotted woodpecker.
Two common terns flying.
A jay on a tree.
A great crested grebe swimming and diving.
A wren singing on a fence.
A shelduck flying.
Then, a Savi’s warbler singing. We don’t see it; as usually with this well camouflaged species.
A willow warbler.
A white stork flying.
Two buzzards circling in the air.
Marsh marigold flowers on the banks.
A meadow pipit on a tree.
A mute swan couple on, and swimming close to, their nest.
A female and a male marsh harrier.
- Turnstones, oystercatchers, willow warbler (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A morning on Exminster Marsh (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Siberian Dutch yellow-browed warbler in Cornwall (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Willow Warblers (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- The warbler bird is returning to our shores – but which type will you hear and, perhaps, see? (scotsman.com)
- Grasshopper Warbler (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Warblers arrive (bigmanhattanyear.wordpress.com)
- Rare stone curlews killed by cold spring (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Warbler watching is Zen Birding… (abirdingblog.wordpress.com)