This 10 January 2016 video from the USA says about itself:
EPA Finally Discovers What’s Killing The Bees
The EPA has concluded what is causing the phenomenon of Colony Collapse Disorder in bees. To no ones real surprise it was a chemical pesticide that has caused the mass die-off of this important species. Ana Kasparian, Jimmy Dore (The Jimmy Dore Show), Jayar Jackson, and Becca Frucht hosts of The Young Turks discuss.
“Bees are dying in record numbers—and now the government admits that an extremely common pesticide is at least partially to blame. For more than a decade, the Environmental Protection Agency has been under pressure from environmentalists and beekeepers to reconsider its approval of a class of insecticides called neonicotinoids, based on a mounting body of research suggesting they harm bees and other pollinators at tiny doses.
In a report released Wednesday, the EPA basically conceded the case. The report card was so dire that the EPA “could potentially take action” to “restrict or limit the use” of the chemical by the end of this year.
Marketed by European chemical giants Syngenta and Bayer, neonics are the most widely used insecticides both in the United States and globally. In 2009, the agency commenced a long, slow process of reassessing them—not as a class, but rather one by one (there are five altogether). Meanwhile, tens of millions of acres of farmland are treated with neonics each year, and the health of US honeybee hives continues to be dismal.”
Read more here.
Translated from daily Trouw, 3 May 2013, in the Netherlands:
Europe Bans Bee-Harming Pesticides; US Keeps Spraying: here.
- Bayer corporation censors honeybee science (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Stop Bayer’s killing of bees and their censorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Federal agricultural officials swat down Europe’s pesticide ban to aid bees (triblive.com)
- Bee-killing Bayer’s secrets revealed (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Canada not ready to ban pesticides believed responsible for honey bee deaths (vancouversun.com)
- Europe Bans Three Neonicotinoids (cen.acs.org)
- Majority of EU countries support partial ban of bee-killing pesticides (greenpeaceblogs.org)
- Colony Collapse Disorder Is a Fraud: Pesticides Cause Bee Die-Offs (healthimpactnews.com)
- It’s time for Health Canada to help save our bees (ecobooks4kids.wordpress.com)