After 2 May 2013, 3 May: our last full day in the Drents-Friese Wold national park.
In the garden, a male blackcap sings.
Then, to Boschoord forest.
A tree pipit on the forest floor.
A wood-pigeon sitting on a branch above the footpath.
Two brimstone butterflies.
A speckled wood butterfly sits down on a fallen coniferous tree branch.
As I come back, a male blackcap on the lawn.
There is a female “orangecap” blackcap as well.
A tree sparrow has a feather in its bill. To line its nest?
A robin in a tree.
The robin flies to the lawn, and flies away again.
A great tit in another tree.
A male blackbird on the lawn.
Late in the afternoon. The forest again.
A red squirrel.
- Tree pipit, Montagu’s harrier, skylark (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Stonechat, skylark and meadow pipit (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Kestrel, willow warbler and eared grebes (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Pied Fly Catcher and other. (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)
- Tree Pipit in Devon (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Buzzard on the edge of Dartmoor. (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Buzzards in a freshly tilled field. (parrotletsuk.typepad.com)
- Luck Day! Goldfinch , BlackCap, Jay (rousephotographywildlife.wordpress.com)
- Savi’s warbler, willow warbler, wren and curlews (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- BTO surveys are fun (radnorshirebirds.wordpress.com)