26 October 2010.
The Associated Press caption to this photo is:
Demonstrators hold banners reading “Miniskirt with burka and suspenders”, top left, and “Stop feminicide“, bottom right, as they protest in front of Catellammare di Stabia’s town hall, Italy, on Oct. 25. The mayor of the southern seaside town of Castellamare di Stabia wants to ban football games in public parks and squares, blasphemy out loud, and institute a miniskirt ban.
The banner at the bottom is of the Unione Donne Italiane (UDI), a Left feminist organization.
- Banning veil would be like outlawing miniskirts, says Baroness Warsi (worldobserveronline.com)
- Contemporary debates in Fashion (kirstenoneill.wordpress.com)
- Baroness Warsi says banning the Muslim veil would be like clamping down on the miniskirt in the 60s (mirror.co.uk)
- Banning veil would be like outlawing miniskirts, says Baroness Warsi (telegraph.co.uk)
- British Muslim MP compares veil ban to mini-skirts (worldbulletin.net)
- South Korean miniskirt ban (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- “We’d rather go NAKED”, Students, female professor take clothes off to protest new dress code (Photos) (charlesomache.wordpress.com)
- University students in Hungary hold naked protest (sfgate.com)
- A different moral landscape? (africacrawley.com)