This video about Ali Kinani in Iraq is called Blackwater‘s Youngest Victim.
From Democracy Now! in the USA:
Today a Democracy Now! exclusive report from Jeremy Scahill about a nine year old boy, shot in the head and killed by Blackwater in the infamous Nisour Square massacre. His father, who is suing the private military contractor, provides the most detailed eyewitness account of the massacre to date. Scahill has conducted an in-depth investigation of the massacre and of nine-year old Ali Kinani’s death. He files an exclusive report with Rick Rowley of Big Noise Films.
U.S. Examines Whether Blackwater Tried Bribery [in Iraq]: here.
Britain: Attempt at citizen’s arrest as Blair leaves Iraq war inquiry.
Former minister Clare Short has claimed that Prime Minister Gordon Brown was “marginalised” throughout most of the build-up to the war on Iraq.
Former minister Clare Short has launched a broadside against Tony Blair and former attorney general Lord Goldsmith, accusing them of deliberate deception and misleading the Cabinet in the run-up to war.
Claim: Blackwater billed US for ‘Morale Welfare Recreation’ provided by prostitute: here.
When Senator Carl Levin (D-Mich.) and his staff briefed reporters Tuesday on their six-month investigation into Blackwater subsidiary Paravant, ahead of a hearing on the topic scheduled for this morning, the chairman of the armed services committee was asked whether the findings of the probe had given him any ideas about strengthening the contracting “procedures” currently in place: here.
The Republican National Committee plans to hold an April fundraiser at a Moyock, N.C. compound owned by the military contracting firm formerly known as Blackwater, Politico reports: here.
- Blackwater Mercs Face New Charges Over 2007 Iraq Massacre (news.antiwar.com)
- Library to Feature Mercenary Leader in New Speaker Series (phillymag.com)
- Blackwater Charged with New Crimes Following 2007 Incident (homeofthedailydose.wordpress.com)
- DOJ Brings Fresh Manslaughter Charges Against Blackwater Mercenaries for Iraqi Massacre (commondreams.org)
- Blackwater Mercs Face New Charges Over 2007 Iraq Massacre (thestateweekly.com)
- The Guy Running One of the World’s Largest Mercenary Armies Thinks He’s a Sexy Badass Patriot (alternet.org)
- Blackwater blames US govt. for atrocities (rinf.com)
- Erik Prince: Blackwater’s Demise Due to Liberal ‘Cold, Timid Souls’ (crooksandliars.com)