This video says about itself:
UNESCO Director-General condemns the destruction of Bani Matar Mosque in Yemen
5 September 2016
The Director-General of UNESCO, Irina Bokova, has condemned the destruction of a 9th century mosque located in Bani Matar, Sana’a Governorate.
“I am deeply concerned about the continuing destruction of Yemen’s unique cultural heritage. This is a direct attack against the country’s historical sites, and on the people’s history and identity that will affect the society over the very long term. This senseless violence must stop immediately” said Irina Bokova, UNESCO Director-General.
Several reports from the General Organization of Antiquities and Museums (GOAM) and the General Organization for the Preservation of Historic Cities (GOPHCY) in Yemen, notably, have confirmed the destruction of the mosque by an air strike on Thursday August 25, 2016.
By James Tweedie:
Yemen: Homes bombed ahead of ceasefire
Thursday 17th November 2016
Saudi-led coalition continues onslaught a day before ceasefire
SAUDI-LED invasion forces bombed civilian homes in Yemen yesterday, the day before a new US-agreed ceasefire is due to take effect.
The aircraft of the nine-nation coalition hit the Bani Matar district of Saada province, south-west of the capital Sanaa, with three strikes, destroying private homes and public property in the village of Yazel.
Ibb University condemned the coalition after it bombed the faculty of medicine.
The same day, US Secretary of State John Kerry said he had agreed a truce, to begin today, with the Supreme Political Council (SPC) government in Sanaa.
It pledged to abide by the ceasefire provided the coalition and its Riyadh-based puppet government, led by former president Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, did the same.
The SPC also said it was willing to participate in a unity government to be formed by the end of the year.
The deal was struck in neighbouring Oman, which has remained neutral in the war between the SPC and Washington’s Gulf Arab allies.
“There is a humanitarian disaster in Yemen, (not) just serious security and economic and political and humanitarian challenges,” Mr Kerry said after flying out.
“All the parties we talk to agree that there’s no military solution,” he stressed. “So if that’s the fact, you’ve got to get into: What is the political solution?”
But the Hadi faction immediately rejected the peace deal, calling it “unilateral.”
Foreign Minister Abdel-Malek al-Mekhalfi tweeted angrily: “The government doesn’t know and is not concerned with what Kerry announced.
“This shows a desire to foil peace efforts by trying to reach a deal with Houthis away from the government.”
Last month, US navy ships launched cruise missiles at the Yemeni coastline, supposedly in response to missile attacks — denied by the Republican Guard.