This 2011 video is called Birds in Svalbard (Spitsbergen) and Lapland.
This video about Turkey, recorded in the USA, says about itself:
4 June 2013
The word ‘capulcu’ on the slogan at the back means ‘looter’ in English. Turkish PM Erdogan referred to tens of thousands of protesters on the streets all over Turkey as “a bunch of looters”.
See also here.
People there started to resist against governmental plans to destroy the only park in central Istanbul, Gezi park, in the name of “economic development”. Then came harsh police repression. Then, the movement expanded, also outside Istanbul and against other government policies.
Turkish protests grow as Erdogan calls counter-demonstrations: here.
Greek solidarity with Turkish demonstrators: here.
Patras: 1000 people in solidarity with the Turkish uprising: here.
To All My Friends in Turkey, by Roger Waters: here.
- Turkey PM warns protesters ‘will pay’ as demos go on (dailystar.com.lb)
- Snapshots from Turkey’s protest (sfgate.com)
- Turks protest in Valletta (timesofmalta.com)
- For Turkey’s Kurds, Erdogan Now ‘Paying for His Laughter’ (newamericamedia.org)
- Turkish PM Erdogan demands ends to protests in address to thousands of supporters at Istanbul airport (abc.net.au)
- Turkey Protests Continue. Erdogan Administration Loosing Support as More Protests are Expected (nsnbc.me)