Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:
Protest against Erdogan in Cologne
Saturday 22 Jun 2013, 16:37
In Cologne, thirty to forty thousand people protested against the Turkish Prime Minister Erdogan. They want him to resign and new elections should be held.
The protesters testified solidarity with the protesters who earlier this month took to the streets in Istanbul and other Turkish cities. The motto of the demonstration in Cologne was “Taksim is everywhere.”
The demonstration was peaceful.
- United States, Turkey, Japan international solidarity (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dutch solidarity with Turkish mass movement (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Turkish activists ignore appeals to end protest (cbc.ca)
- Two Canadian journalists arrested in Turkey as lawyers storm out of courthouses in support of protests (news.nationalpost.com)
- Turkish Deputy PM: Jewish diaspora ignited Gezi Park protests (jpost.com)
- Thousands march in Istanbul in solidarity with Kurds – Reuters (reuters.com)
- NGOs declare their solidarity with Turkish gov’t (worldbulletin.net)
- The Past Present: Turkey, Erdoğan, and the Gezi Protests – Timur Hammond (societyandspace.com)
- Rifts emerge between Turkey’s PM and president (sofiaglobe.com)