This video from England says about itself:
Some footage shot in the Farne Isles diving with Grey Seals.
Until now it was unknown what gray seals in our fresh water eat. But a gray seal which washed up dead on the fresh water side of the Afsluitdijk dam now has changed that. When scientists investigated the cause of its death they also examined what the animal had eaten. In the stomach and intestines of the adult female researchers found seven different species of fish. Perch, flounder, ruffe, zander and smelt were the most eaten. Which the seal had all caught in the IJsselmeer lake.
Afsluitdijk fish migration plan: here.
Seal in Veluwemeer: here.
- Great Student Writing from Siberia (middbeat.org)
- Rescued seal pups returned to wild (bbc.co.uk)
- Worm species discovery, new for Europe (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Dozens of dead seals found on P.E.I. beach (cbc.ca)
- Camera Begins Streaming Seal Pups Live From Remote Maine Island (boston.cbslocal.com)
- RCMP arrest 3 teens after 50 dead seals found on P.E.I. beach (ctvnews.ca)