Sunday 18 March, we went to the Amsterdamse Waterleidingduinen nature reserve.
In a meadow before the reserve entrance, over twenty fallow deer.
This is a fallow deer video.
In the next meadow, ten more fallow deer. And two Egyptian geese.
A blackbird on a branch.
In trees along the path: nuthatch, blue tit, and short-toed treecreeper.
Snowdrops still flowering.
In a canal, tufted ducks and a female common pochard. Coots.
Grey lag geese flying.
A female common goldeneye cleaning its feathers. There are more females, and a male as well.
A chiffchaff singing.
A reed bunting on top of a reed stem.
A mute swan. A song thrush singing.
A great cormorant.
In the next canal, a male and a female goosander.
Common water moss grows in canals.
A dead common frog on the footpath.
An adult red fox about 100 meter away.
Grimmia pulvinata moss grows here.
Winter stalkballs, small fungi.
A young fox comes very close. Probably, some human passers-by feed it.
Two male fallow deer jump over a barbed wire fence.
Above the last dune before the beach, a skylark singing.
Some fifteen common scoters flying over the sea not far from the beach.
White fallow deer near Dunkeld, Scotland: here.
- Goosanders, mandarin duck and robin (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Introducing Fallow Deer (israeltours.wordpress.com)
- Hunter admits killing companion (radionz.co.nz)
- The Deer Stalker (whereswiwi.com)
- Country diary: Wenlock Edge: Is this badger sett already a ghost town, purged by those with guns and poisons? (guardian.co.uk)
- Muscovy ducks and hares (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Fallow deer gives birth at zoo (x.dawn.com)
- Fallow Deer (jonesdavid1985.wordpress.com)
- Seasons changed (leftlingering.wordpress.com)
- Flights, Camera, Africa-Part 3 (thesnappywanderer.wordpress.com)