This video from the USA says about itself:
Stop Watching Us: The Video
23 Oct 2013
StopWatching.us is a coalition of more than 100 public advocacy organizations and companies from across the political spectrum. Join the movement at https://rally.stopwatching.us. This video harnesses the voices of celebrities, activists, legal experts, and other prominent figures in speaking out against mass surveillance by the NSA. Please share widely to help us spread the message that we will not stand for the dragnet surveillance of our communications.
Translated from NOS TV in the Netherlands:
600 writers against spying
Tuesday 10 Dec 2013, 10:42 (Update : 10-12-13, 10:51 )
About 600 writers from around the world, including the Netherlands, in a letter have stated their opposition to the spying on citizens by intelligence services. The authors warn that intelligence services undermine democracy. The letter is addressed to corporations as well.
The authors say that intelligence agencies should be limited in their freedom to eavesdrop on citizens. They say that millions of citizens are considered potential suspects.
The letter was published in thirty newspapers around the world, including The Guardian, Le Monde, the Frankfurter Allgemeine and El País.
Last summer whistleblower Edward Snowden revealed that global spying by intelligence agencies affects many people, including world leaders. There was phone tapping on a large scale in the Netherlands as well.
“Someone who is being watched is no longer free, a society under surveillance is no longer a democracy”, say the writers and artists on the International Human Rights Day.
The 562 authors from 81 countries call on the United Nations to make an international law of digital rights to protect citizens in the digital age. On the website change.org a petition has started which people can sign to support the action.
Nobel Prize-Winning Writers Say NSA Surveillance Power ‘Is Being Systemically Abused’: here.
STEVEN WALKER says the British have a long history of helping US spying operations: here.
- 500 World-Famous Authors Launch Anti-Surveillance Petition (news.softpedia.com)
- Write wrongs! Over 500 world-famous authors sign anti-surveillance petition (rinf.com)
- Writers of the world call for end to mass online surveillance (irishtimes.com)
- Authors: Surveillance Is Theft… (theguardian.com)
- Unfair Game: NSA Spys On Online Gamers (atlantablackstar.com)
- IT Heavyweights, Nobel Laureates: No More Government Snooping (thevarguy.com)
- World’s leading authors: state surveillance of personal data is theft (drghulamashraf.wordpress.com)
- The FBI can spy on you through your WEBCAM… and has had the technology for years (getwritegossip.com)