This video says about itself:
Courtship Contest Between Two Collared Doves
Uploaded on 18 Jan 2011
On a cold, windy, rainy day in March, last year – but spring is in the air. One hour of bird watching compressed to 9 minutes. See the courtship. Who starts the amour most (“approach”), the (presumed) male or the female? Who is the first to break up? You know the answers already. Curious passers by are a blackbird and later a great tit.
The video starts with the characteristic monotonous cooing of these birds (“Coo-coo-cu”) and at the end of the video the harsh loud mechanical-sounding alarm call (“Kreeew”) during flight can be heard.
- Two magpies on my balcony, again (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- A Photo A Day … October 06 2013 (kattermonran.com)
- Birds, Birds and more birds. (rosemarywhiteblog.wordpress.com)
- Two magpies on my balcony (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Magpie couple at my flower-pot (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Texel sanderlings, snipe and kestrel (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- review#434 – A Field Guide to Little Known & Seldom-Seen Birds of North America, 2nd Edition by Ben Sill, Cathryn Sill & John Sill (kid-lit-reviews.com)