This video says about itself:
March 4, 2013
This documentary aims to highlight the issue of “Comfort Women” or girls forced into sex slavery by the Japanese Army during World War II as grave violation of human rights that affected AND continues to affect women all across Asia and Europe.
The film begins in South Korea and moves on to meet victims in Wuhan, China, Shanghai, the Philippines and Australia.
It was aired on March 1st, 2013 on Arirang TV, Korea’s only global network.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Mayor claims ‘comfort girls’ needed for discipline
Tuesday 14 May 2013
A Japanese mayor claimed on Monday that the forced prostitution of women during the second world war was necessary to “maintain discipline” in the ranks and provide rest for soldiers.
Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto, who is also leader of an emerging right-wing political party, controversially claimed that “to maintain discipline in the military, it must have been necessary at that time.
“For soldiers who risked their lives in circumstances where bullets are flying around like rain and wind, a comfort women system was necessary. That’s clear to anyone,” he claimed.
Up to 200,000 women from Korea and China were forced to provide sex for Japanese soldiers.
A South Korean government official said it was disappointing that the mayor “had revealed a serious lack of respect for women’s rights.”
Beijing said it was “shocked” and “angered” by Mr Hashimoto’s comments.
Spokesman Hong Lei said: “The forced use of comfort women was a severe crime … and is also a major human rights issue.”
See also here.
Toru Hashimoto, co-head of Nippon Ishin No Kai (Japan Restoration Party), told Shintaro Ishihara, the other co-leader of the Japanese opposition party, on Sunday that he has no intention to withdraw his recent remarks that have triggered outrage both at home and abroad: here.
- Japanese politician defends use of sex slaves (abc.net.au)
- Osaka Mayor Toru Hashimoto Says Wartime Sex Slaves Were ‘Necessary’ (hngn.com)
- Japan WWII ‘comfort women’ were ‘necessary’ – Hashimoto (arunbabyveranakunnel.wordpress.com)
- Japan’s WWII sex slaves ‘necessary’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Toru Hashimoto, Osaka Mayor, Says Forced Prostitution Of Asian Women During World War II Was Necessary (huffingtonpost.com)
- Forced prostitution of women for use by Japanese soldiers during World War II was ‘necessary’ claims mayor of Osaka (warhistoryonline.com)