This video from the USA is called Stand Up for Sasha McCoy! Mother, Student, Starbucks Barista, IWW Unionist. 8/14/11.
From ABC in the USA:
16-Year-Old Starbucks Barista Sues Over ‘Sex Demands’ at Work
‘Alarmingly High’ Number of Teens Claim Adult Bosses Make Sexual Advances
By VIC WALTER, ANGELA M. HILL and BRIAN ROSS
Jan. 22, 2010
An “alarmingly high” number of high school students are reporting sexual advances from their adult bosses and other supervisors at some of the country’s best known fast food operations, according to an official of the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.
Investigation uncovers young women getting harassed by store managers
“It’s an incredibly serious problem,” said Bill Cash of the EEOC in an interview to be broadcast tonight on the ABC News program “20/20.”
“Employers that choose to use high school kids to work have a responsibility to protect these young people,” Cash said. “We don’t want them to be fondled, we don’t want them to be raped.”
Watch “20/20” tonight at 10 p.m. for the full report.
“I felt like I didn’t have a choice,” Moore, now 19, told ABC News.”I was ashamed and embarrassed. And I felt like he had complete control over my job… he knew all this stuff about my family and my friends and my school.”
She says the supervisor would summon her for sex in hundreds of text messages, including one that said, “I’d liked to f— tomorrow.”
“It was an everyday, numerous times a day occurrence,” Moore said. “And I just saw it and did what I had to do.”
She says other Starbucks supervisors and managers knew what was happening but did nothing to stop the illicit relationship.
- Court Rules Starbucks Baristas Must Share Tips With Shift Supervisors (seattle.cbslocal.com)
- Teen awarded $35k after sexual harassment (stuff.co.nz)
- Starbucks employee files sexual-harassment suit (paloaltoonline.com)
- Moline-based home health firm settles over harassment claims (qctimes.com)
- Jose Huizar denies former staffer’s sexual harassment allegations (latimes.com)
- Firm ordered to pay teen over sex harassment (radionz.co.nz)
- Starbucks baristas must share some tips (oddonion.com)