From AFP news agency today:
Bahrain police shoot Shiite protester: opposition
3 hours ago
Police fired shotguns to disperse a “peaceful demonstration” late on Sunday in the village of Sitra, south of Manama, Al-Wefaq said, adding that Sadiq Rabie, who represents the group in the council, was hit in the back.
The opposition group said in a statement that Rabie was led away by police from a private hospital.
A picture it provided showed the right arm and shoulder of Rabie covered with bloody marks from shotgun pellets, as well as blood in his ear.
The Sunni-ruled kingdom, home to the US Fifth Fleet and strategically situated across the Gulf from Iran, has continued to witness sporadic Shiite-led demonstrations, mostly outside the capital, since it crushed a protest movement in a bloody crackdown in March of last year.
UK-made spy software found in Bahrain: here.
- Bahrain dictatorship update (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain gets tough on protesters with ban on gatherings (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Bahrain bans all protests in crackdown on Shia opposition movement (guardian.co.uk)
- Bahrain dictatorship bans all demonstrations (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain bans all opposition rallies (guardian.co.uk)
- Rights group urges Bahrain to lift ban on protests – CNN (edition.cnn.com)
- Bahrain Outlaws Public Gatherings (EndtheLie.com)