This video from the USA is called Gulf Oil Spill Effects On Wildlife.
After its issues of gang rape in Iraq, poisonous drinking water for soldiers in Iraq, corruption in Nigeria, etc., Halliburton, the corporation of Dick Cheney, ex Vice President of George W Bush in the USA, is in trouble again.
From USA Today:
Halliburton admits destroying Gulf oil spill evidence
Michael Winter, USA TODAY 8:57 p.m. EDT July 25, 2013
Company will plead guilty to a criminal charge in Deepwater Horizon disaster.
Under the plea agreement, which requires court approval, Houston-based Halliburton will also face three years’ probation, pay the maximum fine of $200,000 and continue to cooperate in the Justice Department’s criminal investigation of the April 2010 explosion and fire on the drilling platform, which killed 11 rig workers off Louisiana.
The Justice Department said it would not pursue further criminal charges against Halliburton or its subsidiaries.
Separately, Halliburton made a $55 million “voluntary contribution” to the National Fish and Wildlife Foundation.
The spill was the largest in U.S. history: Nearly 5 million barrels of crude oil poured into the Gulf before the sea-floor gusher was capped three months later.
Halliburton’s energy-services subsidiary designed and built the well for BP. In early May, the company began an internal investigation to determine whether the number of “centralizers” — metal collars that help keep the well pipe centered — played a role in the blowout. Halliburton recommends installing 21, but BP chose to use just six.
Halliburton ran 3-D computer simulations in May and June 2010, and both times the results indicated there was little difference between the two scenarios. Employees were then directed by unidentified individuals to destroy the simulations, the Justice Department said.
The Deepwater Horizon Task Force was unable to recover the computer simulations.
Halliburton and BP have blamed each other for the cement job that failed to seal the Macondo well.
See also here.
Halliburton will earn what it takes to pay off Gulf oil spill fine in just 23 seconds: here.
On Tuesday a gas rig located 55 miles off Louisiana’s coast in the Gulf of Mexico suffered a blowout and fire that continued to burn until Thursday afternoon: here.
The oil spill from a leaked pipeline in Thailand has reached one of the country’s popular tourism islands, officials have said: here.
Oil, energy and capitalism: An unpublished talk by Barry Commoner: here.
Why Do Protesters Against Egregious Environmental and Financial Misconduct Get Arrested, Not Corporate Perpetrators? Here.
- Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf oil spill evidence (rawstory.com)
- Gulf oil spill: Halliburton to plead guilty to destroying evidence (oddonion.com)
- Halliburton to plead guilty on spill (bbc.co.uk)
- Deepwater Horizon contractor Halliburton to plead guilty to destroying evidence (abc.net.au)
- Halliburton admits destroying Gulf oil spill evidence (guardian.co.uk)
- Halliburton admits guilt in Gulf spill case (aljazeera.com)
- Halliburton to plead guilty to destroying evidence in 2010 Gulf oil spill (vancouversun.com)
- Halliburton pleads guilty to destroying Gulf spill evidence (irishtimes.com)
- Halliburton Will Plead Guilty to Destroying Deepwater Horizon Evidence (theatlanticwire.com)