This is a black-tailed godwit video from the Netherlands.
Translated from the Dutch Grutto volg programma site:
Most recent data
The data are of 20 February 2013.
June 2013. Black-tailed godwit chicks are some of the rarest young birds in the country. These chicks hatched on the Ouse washes at WWT Welney Wetland Centre this spring, and they are the only ones in the whole of Norfolk and amongst just a handful throughout the UK: here.
- Goodbye godwits, hello oystercatchers and buzzard (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- First godwits, redshank of 2013 (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 2013 Godwit Days Migration Festival April 18 to 24 (naturalhistorywanderings.com)
- When the birds come calling (thehindu.com)
- Plight of the godwits (nzherald.co.nz)
- Absolute Consistency: Individual versus Population Variation in Annual-Cycle Schedules of a Long-Distance Migrant Bird (plosone.org)
- 5 Amazing Animal Navigators (news.nationalgeographic.com)