Also horse meat at Plus and Boni
Updated: Monday, 11 February 2013, 18:21
Supermarket chains Plus and Boni have sold frozen lasagna that may contain horse meat, while the packaging does not say so. It’s the Plus brand and Prima Frost at Boni.
Boni will get the lasagne off the shelves and will destroy the products. Plus has started a preventive investigation into all suppliers of the Plus brand. …
See also here.
Romania hit back angrily today at claims that its horsemeat industry was involved in an alleged fraud that has seen thousands of “beef” products withdrawn from supermarkets in EU member states: here.
- French implicate companies across EU over horse meat (thepressnet.com)
- French hunt horse meat fraudsters (independent.ie)
- Horse meat scandal spreads to 16 countries across Europe (independent.ie)
- U.K. Minister Says Horse-Meat Substitution Probably Criminal (bloomberg.com)
- Europe’s horse meat scandal spreading (king5.com)
- Horse Meat Scandal Widens to 16 Countries (newser.com)
- Fears over horse meat scandal scale (standard.co.uk)
- French hunt horse meat fraudsters (belfasttelegraph.co.uk)
- Horse meat scandal: Six major French retailers recall products (independent.ie)
- Horse Meat Scandal: Fear and Anger Reach Scotland (rtfitchauthor.com)