This video is called Bahraini medics recount hospital horror.
MANAMA // Earlier this week Rula Al Saffar was facing the prospect of spending the next 15 years in prison after she was convicted on charges including incitement to overthrow the Bahraini government.
But on Wednesday, she was granted an unexpected reprieve when the country’s attorney general ordered a civilian court retrial for her and the 19 other medics who were sentenced last week to between five and 15 years in jail.
Despite the news, Mrs Al Saffar, a 49-year-old nurse, said yesterday that she still had many questions. “We were hoping that all charges would be dropped because we are innocent,” she said. “There are also three medics sentenced by the military courts still in jail. Are they going to have retrials too? There are many unanswered questions and we don’t feel secure yet.”
- Twenty-three Bahraini health workers sentenced to prison (rt.com)
- Tortured Bahraini democrat barred from seeing doctors (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Irish solidarity with tortured Bahraini doctors (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship and Britain (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Amnesty condemns Bahrain dictatorship (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahraini monarchy’s oppression continues (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- 23 Bahraini health workers sentenced to prison (realisticbird.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain human rights news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain dictatorship against migrant workers (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)