This video is called Bahraini doctor pleads for help.
From the Bahrain Center for Human Rights:
Nabeel Rajab: Human Rights Defender from Guantanamo to Bahrain
16 Nov 2012
We are attorneys from the United States and the United Kingdom who have known and worked with Nabeel Rajab for many years, having met Nabeel through our representation of men detained at Guantanamo Bay. Nabeel was critical to our work at Guantanamo. Indeed, Nabeel secured family authorizations by which some of us were able to begin representing our clients. Without Nabeel, those individuals might well never have had lawyers. Nabeel also arranged for some of us to come to Bahrain to meet the families of our clients, including clients from Saudi Arabia. He spoke to the media about human rights violations at Guantanamo and engaged in advocacy on behalf of our clients throughout the region.
Continue reading the letter here (PDF)
The Project on Middle East Democracy (POMED) has released, “One Year Later: Assessing Bahrain’s Implementation of the BICI Report,” a report looking into the Bahraini government’s progress in implementing the recommendations of the Bahrain Independent Commission of Inquiry: here.
- Bahrain regime keeps violating human rights (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Free Bahraini human rights activist (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain – Bahraini rights defender Nabeel Rajab on hunger strike (globalfree.wordpress.com)
- Human rights groups call for release of Bahraini activist (guardian.co.uk)
- Bahrain – IFEX urges Bahrain to free member Nabeel Rajab prior to appeal (globalfree.wordpress.com)
- Tortured Bahraini democrat barred from seeing doctors (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain extends detention of leading human rights activist (jurist.org)
- Bahrain – Bahraini court sentences activist Zainab Al-Khawaja to two months’ imprisonment (globalfree.wordpress.com)
- Bahrain: Overturn Rights Activist’s Conviction (hrw.org)
- Bahraini court refuses to free human rights activist Nabeel Rajab (rt.com)