From British daily The Morning Star:
Wednesday 03 February 2010
edited by John Rety
“A man should not appear before his family trailing body odour and stinky smells” – S Hussein
No more failures of hygiene,
We bathe twice a day.
Irrationality is abolished
People everywhere see reason.
Everyone buys a PC,
Ugliness is obliterated,
The whole world is beautiful.
Sadsacks are genetically modified,
All evil is eliminated,
What remains is good.
So why should anyone
Need a library?
About the poet: Raymond Geuss, Professor of Philosophy at Cambridge University, is also one of Britain’s best poets. His last book Parrots, Poets, Philosophers & Good Advice is a series of instructional poems on how to live based on the works of Plato, Catullus, Juvenal, Martial, Euripides, Sappho and Aeschylus. Topics include eating, drinking, work, indigency, old age, looks, cleanliness, sex and the posthumous evaluation of human achievement.
Bush and Blair Did Strike Iraq Deal, Says Welsh MP: here.
Former prime minister Tony Blair has been labelled a barrier to peace in the Middle East by a Labour MP following his “hawkish” comments about Iran.
- Jeremy Heywood A Haunted Man (ukgovernmentwatch.wordpress.com)
- Heywood should ‘not have Iraq say’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Iraq war inquiry blocked in bid to make Bush-Blair ‘kick ass’ memo public (theguardian.com)
- Cameron hides truth on Iraq war (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Iraq Inquiry hold-up over documents (bbc.co.uk)
- If I ruled the world – Tony Blair’s lessons in how best to govern (independent.co.uk)
- Transatlantic exchanges that helped take the West to war (independent.co.uk)