This video from Britain says about itself:
A short film of the demonstration on the streets of London in February 2007. Thousands marched from Hyde park to Trafalgar square to protest against the government’s proposed renewal of Britain’s nuclear arsenal, and against the continued intervention in Iraq.
From British daily The Morning Star:
MPs launch attack on weapons decision
Tuesday 10 March 2009
They warned that a crucial new stage in the upgrading of the Trident missile system is likely to be foisted upon the nation while Parliament is closed down for the summer recess.
The MPs signed a Commons motion headed by Labour MP Jeremy Corbyn, who said it was “simply crazy” at a time of dire economic crisis to be even thinking about spending such huge sums on weapons of mass destruction.
- 68 years on and we haven’t learned a thing (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Nuclear activists camp out at weapons centre (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Trident: Welsh anti-nuclear campaigners urge UK Government to scrap Britain’s weapons arsenal (walesonline.co.uk)
- Archbishop of Wales Barry Morgan calls on UK to abandon nuclear missiles (walesonline.co.uk)
- Military removes commander of nuclear weapons unit (stripes.com)
- Commander of US nuclear weapons unit removed (nzherald.co.nz)
- Anti-nuclear activists slam police over bylaw threats (morningstaronline.co.uk)