This video says about itself:
27 Nov 2012
Robert Greenwald, Filmmaker/Producer & Founder-Brave New Films, joins Thom Hartmann. The US government says that drone attacks in the Middle East are targeted – and don’t put innocent civilians in harm’s way. Yet – our drones have killed hundreds of innocent men, women and children. When do we say enough is enough with drone warfare?
From Robert Greenwald & The War Costs Team in the USA:
“I saw her shoes. We found her mutilated body a short time afterwards,” – Nabila, 8-year-old granddaughter of drone strike victim Mamana Bibi
On Tuesday, October 29, at 10AM EST, Rafiq ur Rahman – a primary school teacher in Pakistan – will appear at a briefing called by Representative Alan Grayson (FL-09), along with his children Nabila and Zubair. In October 2012, Nabila and Zubair were injured in the same drone strike that killed their grandmother – Rafiq’s mother – while she was tending crops in her garden. This landmark briefing marks the first opportunity for Congress to hear in-person accounts from drone strike survivors.
The Congressional briefing will be available to watch via live stream. RSVP today to witness as Rafiq, Nabila, and Zubair share their intimate account of living through a drone strike, the loss they experienced, and the devastating aftermath.
“I’m looking forward to hearing from the drone strike victims,” said Congressman Grayson. “When it comes to national security matters like drone strikes, it’s important that we hear not only from the proponents of these attacks, but also from the victims. They have a unique perspective to share with Congress, and I hope that my colleagues will attend this important event on October 29th.”
Rafiq ur Rehman has traveled from North Waziristan to tell his story before Congress because he believes that more people should know that these strikes are killing and terrorizing innocent families. It is imperative that Congress and the White House know that the implementation of U.S. drone strikes abroad are fueling anti-American sentiment and serving as a tool for terrorist recruitment.
Don’t miss this historic event. – RSVP* now to watch as drone survivors, for the first time, share their story with Congress.
Robert Greenwald & The War Costs Team
*Every person that RSVP’s to stream this live event will automatically be signed up to receive a FREE link on October 30th to watch our upcoming documentary UNMANNED: America’s Drone Wars.
Why Did America Kill My Mother? Pakistani Drone Victim Comes To Congress For Answer: here.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif is caught between Pakistan’s strategic alliance with the US on the one hand and mass popular opposition to the criminal drone war on the other: here.
Confessions of a Drone Warrior: here.
Hundreds of Pakistanis rallied against an army operation in the North Waziristan tribal area which they say killed many civilians: here.
Britain: Human rights campaigners condemned a London court’s “shameful” decision yesterday to strike down the case of Noor Khan, whose father was killed in a US-led bombing in Pakistan’s North Waziristan in 2011: here.
- Pakistan Family To Tell Congress About Drone Strike That Killed Grandmother (huffingtonpost.com)
- Family of grandmother killed in US drone strike arrive for Congress visit (theguardian.com)
- Pakistani drone survivor teacher not allowed to speak in the USA (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Child Victims of CIA Drone Strike to Appear Before US Congress Tomorrow (counterinformation.wordpress.com)
- Obama administration blocks drone victims’ lawyer from testifying in congress (alethonews.wordpress.com)
- Pakistani drone victims’ lawyer accuses US of blocking his visit to Congress (theguardian.com)
- CommonDreams – Child Victims Of CIA Drone Strike To Appear Before US Congress – 22 October 2013 (lucas2012infos.wordpress.com)
- Family of Grandmother Killed in US Drone Strike Arrive for Congress Visit (thestateweekly.com)
- How Cheap Life Is If You’re Not Obama’s Golfing Buddy (normanfinkelstein.com)