This video shows a scops owl being set free in the Netherlands.
Scops owls are extremely rare in that country. Ever since 1800, only ten owls of that species have been reported from the Netherlands.
This owl was discovered, while it was sick, on 17 September on the Maasvlakte. After convalescence, and after being ringed, it was set free again on 8 October. Now, it will probably fly to its wintering grounds in Africa.
- New owl species discovery in Oman? (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Exhausted owl takes refuge on HMS Illustrious flight deck (theguardian.com)
- New owl discovered in Oman (cbc.ca)
- Strix omanensis (en.wikipedia.org)
- Owl found onboard Royal Navy vessel (dailyecho.co.uk)
- Owl seeks refuge with Royal Navy (independent.ie)
- Day 15 Wednesday 7 August At Shamvura (travelswithmyelephant.wordpress.com)
- Osprey and Great Horned Owl (bobzeller.wordpress.com)
- Owls (Are Watching) (debbieboyd23.wordpress.com)