This December 2013 video from Britain is called Former Labour MP Denis MacShane has been jailed for six months for expenses fraud after admitting to faking receipts amounting to nearly £13,000.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
CPS considers charging ex-Labour MP MacShane
Tuesday 09 July 2013
Police began examining Mr MacShane’s expenses nearly three years ago after allegations about abuses surfaced, before dropping the case.
But the investigation was reopened in the wake of a damning report from the Commons standards and privileges committee last November, which found he had faked receipts to receive thousands of pounds of public money.
A Crown Prosecution Service spokeswoman said: “We have determined that we are now in receipt of a full file of evidence following the reopening of the Metropolitan Police Service‘s investigation in this case, which we are currently considering for a potential charging decision.”
Denis MacShane: Expenses cheat former MP facing threat of criminal charges: here.
- CPS considers whether to charge ex-MP Denis MacShane over expenses (guardian.co.uk)
- Former MP in probe on expenses awaits fate (yorkshirepost.co.uk)
- Shamed MacShane Becomes Lobbyist (order-order.com)
- Miliband, Labour and Falkirk: the real problem is unions aren’t influential enough | Seumas Milne (guardian.co.uk)
- ‘Blairites manipulating Labour selection process’ – Len McCluskey hits back (guardian.co.uk)