This video says about itself:
April 19, 2013
Buddhist monk uses racism and rumours to spread hatred in Burma. Thousands watch YouTube videos of 45-year-old ‘Burmese Bin Laden’ who preaches against country’s Muslim minority. His name is Wirathu, he calls himself the “Burmese Bin Laden” and he is a Buddhist monk who is stoking religious hatred across Burma.
From daily The Morning Star in Britain:
Monks’ meet criticised over religious hate stance
Friday 14 June 2013
Buddhist monks were accused of stoking sectarian tensions in Myanmar today after hosting a meeting on preventing deadly communal conflicts.
Clashes between Buddhist nationalists and the country’s Muslim Rohingya minority have forced 140,000 people – almost all Rohingya – to flee their homes over the past year.
The monks’ assembly declared that it “sought peace” and accused the media of tarnishing its image.
Conference spokesman Dhammapiya merely said: “The draft law was proposed at the wrong place and caused confusion.”
Wirathu is known for sermons inciting people against Muslims and has spoken of his admiration for British fascist outfit the EDL.
Petition against violence in Burma: here.
- Monks’ Convention in Burma Calls for Restricting Buddhist-Muslim Marriage (irrawaddy.org)
- Burmese Migrant Community in Malaysia Simmers after Attacks (irrawaddy.org)
- 969 Monks’ Convention in Burma Calls for Restricting Buddhist-Muslim Marriage Against Human Rights (ireport.cnn.com)
- Rohingya Population Control: The Onslaught in Burma Continues (altahrir.wordpress.com)
- Why are Buddhist monks attacking Muslims? (richarddawkins.net)