From the (Conservative) Daily Telegraph in England:
French authorities have searched the Paris flat of IMF chief Christine Lagarde as part of an investigation into her handling of a 2008 compensation payment to a businessman supporter of ex-president Nicolas Sarkozy, her lawyer said.
By Andrew Trotman, and agencies
12:24PM GMT 20 Mar 2013
Police are investigating claims that Lagarde, when French Finance Minister under Nicolas Sarkozy, acted illegally in approving the €285m arbitration payout to Bernard Tapie.
- IMF boss suspected of crime (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- IMF faces losing second French boss (telegraph.co.uk)
- Tapie Affair Continues to Raise Questions of Fraud (ohifront.wordpress.com)
- IMF ‘considering’ contribution to Cyprus bailout (itv.com)
- French police raid home of IMF boss Christine Lagarde (france24.com)
- French police raid home of IMF boss Christine Lagarde (blacklistednews.com)
- Christine Lagarde’s flat raided by French police (guardian.co.uk)
- Anti-corruption police raid the home of IMF chief Christine Lagarde after claims she ‘authorised £270m payout to a convicted fraudster’ (dailymail.co.uk)
- IMF chief’s Paris home searched over ‘illegal’ payout under Sarkozy (rt.com)