There’s a green sustainable message which kids will enjoy as much as any white-knuckle ride theme park. One worth checking is Down Among The Jellyfish (The Deep, Tower Street, Hull, www.thedeep.co.uk) which is much more than an aquarium. The Deep is an amazing hands-on exhibition of the wonders of the oceans and it explains the threats and the evolution of the denizens of the seas.
Sharks are the stars of the show but there are turtles and octopuses and a hundred different kind of fish. As well as the live exhibits there are all kinds of imaginative displays that take you deep beneath the sea.
Many undersea creatures make their home here. Most you might expect but surprisingly the most beautiful are the tiny pink, lacy and fragile baby jellyfish.
The Deep is the only place in the world where jellyfish are bred in captivity. Don’t miss the sea horses either.
Perhaps more than any other creature they are the symbol of the sustainability of our oceans.
Can a Jellyfish Unlock the Secret of Immortality? Here.
- Tiny jellyfish holds the secret of immortality (ihatethemedia.com)
- The Jellyfish Lesson (drjstewart.wordpress.com)
- The unusual suspects: jellyfish are climate winners (vancouverobserver.com)
- Underwater-Simulating Installations – Aquatic Colors Focuses on a Breathtaking Bloom of Jellyfish (TrendHunter.com) (trendhunter.com)
- Pictures of Jellyfish at The Vancouver Aquarium (gomestic.com)
- Do jellyfish hold the secret to immortality, and a cure for cancer? (boingboing.net)
- Aqwa – Perth, Australia (travelpod.com)
- Can a Jellyfish Unlock the Secret of Immortality? (nytimes.com)
- Inside the Portland International Airport’s Jellyfish Playpen (theatlanticcities.com)
- Possible Cure Found for Deadliest Jellyfish Sting (news.discovery.com)