This video is called WikiLeaks IRAQ TORTURE – INNOCENT CIVILIAN DEATHS REVEALED IN LEAKS.
The long-awaited al-Sweady inquiry into the alleged torture and murder of Iraqi citizens by British troops is finally expected to get under way on October 31, it was confirmed today: here.
The Gibson Inquiry into allegations of British complicity in torture was accused today of turning a blind eye to the rendition of detainees handed to the US by British forces: here.
Britain: TUC general secretary Brendan Barber slammed Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki today for the sudden withdrawal of union recognition rights from the General Federation of Iraqi Workers (GFIW): here.
A former top military intelligence office has strongly rejected Alastair Campbell’s claim that the controversial Iraq dossier was not about putting the “case for war”: here.
USA: PBS video on how the military’s attempt at accountability after Abu Ghraib was a whitewash: here.
Fifteen years ago Washington’s UN ambassador declared the deaths of thousands of children in Iraq due to sanctions a ‘price worth paying.’ Felicity Arbuthnot details the human cost: here.
- British torture in Iraq (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- UK News: Iraq torture probe ‘unprecedented’ (walesonline.co.uk)
- UN envoy worries about Iraq (worldbulletin.net)
- Abu Ghraib torture by mercenary corporations (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- High Court Hears of ‘Terrifying Acts of Brutality’ by British Troops in Iraq (news.antiwar.com)
- High Court hears of Iraqi girl ‘shot dead by British’ (standard.co.uk)
- Activists mark Iraq anniversary (morningstaronline.co.uk)
- Iraqis to seek public inquiry over torture allegations (itv.com)
Pingback: British torture in Iraq | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: Australian complicity in Abu Ghraib torture | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: British torture in Iraq whitewashed | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: British Iraq torture scandal | Dear Kitty. Some blog
Pingback: British soldiers ‘tortured and hanged Iraqi teenager’ | Dear Kitty. Some blog