This video is called Newly identified self cloning lizard found in Vietnam.
From Viet Nam Net:
New gecko discovered in nature reserve
16:55′ 04/02/2010 (GMT+7)
The new endemic gecko is named Gekko takouensis sp. nov. Ngo & Gamble since it was discovered by Ngo Van Tri, an expert from the HCM City Institute of Tropical Biology and Dr. Tony Gamble from the Minnesota University, USA.
This is the second endemic gecko species found on Ta Cu mountain. The other is bent-toe gecko named Cyrtodactylus takouensis Ngo & Bauer.
According to the World Wildlife Fund (WWF), the Ta Cu Nature Reserve has 751 floral species and at least 15 species are very rare. It is also the home to around 178 species of terrestrial spinal [vertebrate] animals.
Dr. Vu Ngoc Long, Director of the HCM City Institute of Tropical Biology‘s Bio-diversity and Development Centre, there are at least 25 species of endangered animals at the Ta Cu Nature Reserve.
To protect the important nature reserve, a project has been launched to improve management capacity of local authorities and raise people’s awareness of protecting environment.
Can the Saint Croix Ground Lizard be saved?
- App about Naardermeer nature reserve (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- New Australian lizard discovery (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Hundreds of New Species Discovered in Fragile Eastern Himalayas (prweb.com)
- Nine new taruntula species discovered in Brazil (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Hitchiking geckos threaten WA island (news.com.au)