This video is called Atlantic Forest, Brazil – The Nature Conservancy.
From Wildlife Extra:
Atlantic Forest remnant purchased to save critically endangered species in Brazil
MAMMALS [in this new reserve]
* Yellow-breasted Capuchin – Critically Endangered
* Spiny Rat – Endangered (described 2002)
* Maned Three-toed Sloth – Endangered
* Giant Armadillo – Endangered
* Thin-spined Porcupine – Vulnerable
* Mountain Lion – Vulnerable
December 2007. American Bird Conservancy and its Brazilian partner Fundação Biodiversitas have acquired almost 1,000 acres of a unique and isolated stand of endangered Brazilian Atlantic forest, and plan to save what little more that remains in an area that is one the great biodiversity hotspots in South America. The new protected area, to be named after the Stresemann’s Bristlefront, represents the sole sanctuary for this critically endangered bird species imminently facing extinction.
September 2012. The lush rainforest carpeting Serra Bonita mountain range in eastern Brazil represents the last significant example of a unique habitat that supports rare and endemic flora and fauna. The area is at the heart of an urgent conservation initiative by World Land Trust (WLT) and Instituto Uiracu to strategically purchase private properties to expand the Serra Bonita Reserve: here.
November 2013: Rainforest Trust has awarded its Brazilian partner REGUA a $10,000 grant to map and study lands surrounding the organisation’s rainforest reserve in the Guapiacu Valley. The two-year grant will allow REGUA to determine vegetation cover and identify property lines within the 74,000-acre area of rainforest. REGUA will then able to prioritise land purchases effectively, thus improving its ability to create wildlife corridors and protect the Atlantic Rainforest’s vanishing wildlife: here.
- Cryptic Genetic Diversity Is Paramount in Small-Bodied Amphibians of the Genus Euparkerella (Anura: Craugastoridae) Endemic to the Brazilian Atlantic Forest (plosone.org)
- Good Brazilian birds and monkeys news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- THE NATURALIST’S NOTEBOOK: Moth hunting in Brazil (tech.mit.edu)
- Get your own Tree in the Atlantic Forest (dollarphilanthropy.typepad.com)
- Mammals threatened by fragmentation (bbc.co.uk)
- Beloved Brazilian Monkey Clings To A Shrinking Forest (ecobooks4kids.wordpress.com)
- Forests and Native Indians Knowledges (lilianausvat.wordpress.com)
- National Action Plan for the Conservation of killifishes (austrolebiasproject.wordpress.com)