From The Scotsman:
Dolphins and whales seen in the Forth
The new figures, published today by Green MSPs, will be used by campaigners as evidence that controversial ship-to-ship oil transfers should not take place in the estuary.
Residents reported the 99 sightings to a campaign hotline set up by the Greens, which were then followed up by research staff for verification.
Whale and dolphin watching in the UK: here.
- Irish Sea dolphin news (dearkitty1.wordpress.com)
- Killer whale ‘first for east coast’ (bbc.co.uk)
- Wonderful day sailing with Orcas: A8′s, Humpback Whale breaching++ and a Minke Whale! (seasmokewhalewatching.com)
- Watch: Giant pod of orca whales spotted in B.C. (o.canada.com)
- Watch: Dozens of orca whales swim past Galiano Island (globalnews.ca)
- Measles May be Killing Dolphins Along America’s East Coast (inhabitat.com)
- Inside the mind of a killer whale: A Q+A with the neuroscientist from ‘Blackfish’ (theraptorlab.wordpress.com)
- Taiwan uses biotech to safeguard whales and dolphins (straitstimes.com)
- Down to the wire! (onceinawhale.com)